Supertram problems

Almost every tram that I've boarded on the Herdings Park route this week, in both directions, has been late - some by as much as 12 minutes (on a 30 minute frequency).

They haven't even managed to run the one timetabled at Gleadless Townend at 7:24am towards town - just 2 stops down from the Herdings terminus & with light traffic - on time; for 4 out of 5 mornings this week it's been late.

Some of the Blue Route trams that I've used this week have been late too.

So my experience of the new timetable is that it's a bit of a joke & certainly hasn't solved the late tram issues as had been promised!:(

Oh no, that's not good. Maybe just the yellow route that's improved then?

In theory the trams should still be late at the ends of the route if the problem really is road traffic but with the extra time at the terminus then less should start late

when were the tram gate times at Hillsborough relaxed ?

didn't it used to be an all day restriction?

didn't it used to be an all day restriction?

I am not sure but the current times (despite the road signs saying "new times") has been in place for years now.

Of course one can not expect Stagecoach, SYPTE and our council to identify where the problems delaying the trams are and to look to solve such problems far easier to cut back the service just at a time when there are 3 extra trams now available.

I very rarely use the tram, or any public transport, but I did so a few weeks ago and the tram genuinely took 12 minutes to get from being visible at the other side of Hillsborough Corner, to the Hillsborough tramstop - purely due to cars and buses queuing to turn up Ripley Street. This was at about 6pm.

I very rarely use the tram, or any public transport, but I did so a few weeks ago and the tram genuinely took 12 minutes to get from being visible at the other side of Hillsborough Corner, to the Hillsborough tramstop - purely due to cars and buses queuing to turn up Ripley Street. This was at about 6pm.

A traffic engineer could sort this out in no time

I'm almost too scared to say this in case I jinx it..........but, a whole working week into the new timetable and.......it's been running like a dream. Every day this week we've set off bang on time from Middlewood terminus. Happy days:)

I was stuck waiting in the freezing cold for a Middlewood tram for about 25 mins the other night, but it was due to some incident or other. Can't be helped I guess.

I was stuck waiting in the freezing cold for a Middlewood tram for about 25 mins the other night, but it was due to some incident or other. Can't be helped I guess.

thats always a possibility but more to the point did the dot matrix keep you informed?

It's so frustrating when that happens. It's people wanting to turn right off Ripley St down Walkley Lane, but they can't because Walkley Lane is one big queue all the way down to Holme Lane. Then it has a knock on effect that people wanting to turn right off Lansett Road up Ripley Street can't and trams going in town direction get stuck behind them. It's a complete snarl up sometimes.

thats always a possibility but more to the point did the dot matrix keep you informed?

Change the record. There’s more to life than worrying about the tram stop displays! Yes they should work, yes they cost a fortune, no it’s not good enough. But seriously, get over it now.

Change the record. There’s more to life than worrying about the tram stop displays! Yes they should work, yes they cost a fortune, no it’s not good enough. But seriously, get over it now.

If you don't want to read the post , don't read it , its quite easy

Yes but it doesn't help when you get a woman in an Audi on the little bridge onto Holme Lane (where the kebab shop is) blocking the road turning right to get to the lights when it is clearly marked turn left onto Holme Lane.