Supertram problems

All the big cities in three countries I lived in previously had trams.

None of them had such unintelligent thick attitude among certain citizens as Sheffield. It is unbelievable some of our forumers have to come with complicated explanations to try to convince these idiots. Don't waste your time, they are not worth it. Maybe their GP tell them to stop driving a while in future.

The earlier trams are just as bad at recently Cyclone. I get on at Middlewood and you used to be pretty much guaranteed a seat any time, but not now. By the time we get to Leppins lane it's often a struggle even for people to get on.

Well as they have built/are building in excess of 1;000 houses between Oughtibridge & Stocksbridge with the developers of these homes contributing little to infrastructure and transport in general it’s bound to have a knock on effect on public transport

Well as they have built/are building in excess of 1;000 houses between Oughtibridge & Stocksbridge with the developers of these homes contributing little to infrastructure and transport in general it’s bound to have a knock on effect on public transport

Yeah, I think it has got steadily busier over the years, but it's just suddenly got stupidly busy and really unreliable in the last few months, I'd say since about October.

---------- Post added 23-12-2017 at 20:11 ----------

When I was working, I resorted to walking to Malin Bridge in the morning. I preferred the walk to standing for most of my journey if I got on at Leppings Lane on an early tram.

I've noticed a few more people than there used to be getting on at Leppings Lane heading outbound, and staying on at Middlewood to head back into town.

---------- Post added 23-12-2017 at 20:25 ----------

I only catch it occasionally instead of cycling, but at 0730 ish (to 0745) I can always get a seat at Middlewood Rd.

Yeah, You can still strike it lucky. I catch it daily any time between 7.30 and 8.30. They're all over the place. I used to be able to time exactly when to set off from home to walk to the tram stop and have a couple of minutes spare. 9 times out of 10 the tram would be along when expected. If I was lucky it'd already be there waiting, luxury!

Now it's anyone's guess. That's what gets me, the marked change. If it'd always been unreliable then it's almost understandable.

In Ocober the summer holidays are over, everyone is back at work as are the schools, colleges and Universities. In December there is Christmas shopping (and with the rise of online there's a rise in delivery vehicles on the road).

So it does indeed get busier out there from October.

Council seems to be eroding the bus/tram priority measures that are designed to keep them reliable in order to not be seen as anti car.

What a load of self entitled ******** we have here.

I get the tram every day and they're annoying about 1/10 of the time, like any other form of public transport. Buses are more or less the same.

Waited for a bus in Malta last month for two hours before calling for a taxi. It's not just us.

Well , I get the tram everyday and they are annoying ( don't turn up on time ) about 7/10 of the time . Malta is not in Sheffield

Well , I get the tram everyday and they are annoying ( don't turn up on time ) about 7/10 of the time . Malta is not in Sheffield

Nice exaggeration.

Oh, I thought it was.

In Ocober the summer holidays are over, everyone is back at work as are the schools, colleges and Universities. In December there is Christmas shopping (and with the rise of online there's a rise in delivery vehicles on the road).

So it does indeed get busier out there from October.

Council seems to be eroding the bus/tram priority measures that are designed to keep them reliable in order to not be seen as anti car.

Absolutley agree, Autumn is definitely the busiest period. Every year it's the same. Apart from this year, when reliability has dipped and overcrowding has increased noticebly compared with previous years.

What's different about this year?

Edited by Olive

I think due to the unreliability of buses people have moved to the trams which are generally more reliable than buses and don't change every few weeks , a lot of people just don't know the routes that buses do .

Trams will be much more reliable from the end of January .

Why is that?

Are they bringing back into service the one that was damaged in the incident at Shalesmoor?