Social activities for 26 year old female?

Hi all

I moved to Sheffield and went to university here but all the friends I made there have all returned back home and now I’m left with not many local friends. I’m looking to make some new friends and would like a fun environment to make them in. I’m 26 and female if this helps?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Try the meetup website :)

If you're looking for active activities - there's free group lessons on Wednesday and Friday at the Climbing Works - bouldering is great fun (free apart from normal entry fee). Also running clubs are fantastic for making friends.

Hi Amy,

Lot's of options on Meetup, or for social activities you could try GoodGym which combines running with volunteering:

http://www.goodgym.org.uk/sheffield

Or korfball, which is a bit like mixed netball: http://www.snakebitekorfball.co.uk

Hope you find something you enjoy!

There's indoor Rounders for male and females at Wickersley Sports Centre every wednesday 7.15 to 9.15pm

Hi all

I moved to Sheffield and went to university here but all the friends I made there have all returned back home and now I’m left with not many local friends. I’m looking to make some new friends and would like a fun environment to make them in. I’m 26 and female if this helps?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Hi Amy

How’s about trying kickboxing ?

I run AFK KICKBOXING

We have a lot of studenty types and young graduates here like yourself

How’s about giving it a try?

I don’t check this often but log onto :

AFK kickboxing on Facebook

Or

Team_afk_sheffield on Instagram

You won’t be out of your depth as we have new beginners all the time

My wife runs with Meersbrook Milers, very low key and sociable, nearly all women from the area.