Washing machine advice needed - Plumber

I have a Candy CDB 854 D washer Dryer and can't for the life of me figure out how to access the filter. It doesn't have the little access door at the bottom on the front as all other washers I've had, have had and I can't see anything on the back either.

It's blocked with fibers from a door mat that I stupidly though would be a good idea to wash (grrrrrrrr so mad at myself, so obviously a stupid idea!) and I can't afford to call out a plumber.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks Emma

Is the filter not below the overhang as in this page from the instruction manual: Manual

Thanks for replying, but no. Not on or under :(

It may have a full width plastic panel which pulls off to expose the filter cap to unscrew. This will be at the front bottom of the machine.

My indesit washer dryer does.

If so take the outlet hose into a bowl, like at the bottom of manual page 29 (as supplied by MAX) to syphon the excess of water away.

Have some towels ready when you unscrew the cap, or pull out the machine & tilt it backwards.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your suggestion, but no, it doesn't have a panel of any kind either, full width or otherwise. I'm at a complete loss as to where it is. I managed to look underneath it too and there's nothing on the back, of the front of the machine (if that makes sense?).

well this is strange! looked at the manual and no filter shown?

Ive seen them on the back of washers before if you can check there on the bottom corners

Is there a rack you pull up like a normal dryer to remove the lint?

http://service.candy-domestic.co.uk/manuals/pdfs/CDB854.pdf

Hi Snooker, no, nothing on the back and it doesn't have a lint rack thingy (technical term lol) either.

my advice is call out a washer engineer, if your filter and pump are blocked and you use it, it will damage the main circuit board, that being the brain of your washer,and exspensive to replace

I have a Candy CDB 854 D washer Dryer and can't for the life of me figure out how to access the filter. It doesn't have the little access door at the bottom on the front as all other washers I've had, have had and I can't see anything on the back either.

It's blocked with fibers from a door mat that I stupidly though would be a good idea to wash (grrrrrrrr so mad at myself, so obviously a stupid idea!) and I can't afford to call out a plumber.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks Emma

Can you find the product code, as requested on this page?

It should provide you with a proper user manual for your washer dryer.

http://www.candy-domestic.co.uk/en_GB/user-manual

^ The link I provided is the manual for the washer off that page

^ The link I provided is the manual for the washer off that page

Oh?...My apologies.

I figured as nobody seemed to have come up with the answer, it may have been a different serial number or something.

That PDF you've linked to doesn't (as you say) show, or make any mention of a filter, or a drain plug....

I can only assume that, if there is something stuck in there, you'd have to upend it and undo one of the drain hoses underneath.

How very odd?....Maybe it's one of those design things that keeps Joe Public out of the machine, so you have to call a service engineer.

---------- Post added 11-12-2017 at 14:27 ----------

Ah....I looked through spare parts for this machine and came up with a 'drain pump' Which has an access plug which it says needs cleaning on a regular basis.

i can only assume it's tucked inside the machine somewhere, but the picture on the parts list (linked) should help to identify it.

https://www.partmaster.co.uk/candy/cdb-854d-80-31800115/drain-pump/product.pl?pid=5005835&path=66991,111516:79158&model_ref=2537824

It may be underneath near the pump if its blocked up