Feet and inches

Pretty well.

50% of us improved, 25% didn't and the other third are still working on it....

I agree with this completely, 94.5 percent.

Not as good as 110%, which seems to be a new benchmark these days!

Percentage is not affected by any metric or imperial factor !

Correct (but it actually refers back to Harrystottle's light-hearted post 141 ;-) )

After ten imperial pints of bitter, the percentage of alcohol in your blood would certainly be affected!

Or after 75cl of Merlot.

Was looking at some stuff few days ago 36.83 cm tall. They also had something almost the same from same manufacturer 11.5 inch tall but £12 more expensive. And I can assure you it wasn't the materials that made the smaller one more expensive. And on the photographs online they were not on the same photo but the smaller one did look bigger on same size photo. Many companies mainly use the imperial system for their dirty business because their customers don't know difference between inch/cm.

Whilst I'm first to admit I'm not overly bright, but even I have no problems working with both imperial and metric. Can't see what the fuss is??

Whilst I'm first to admit I'm not overly bright, but even I have no problems working with both imperial and metric. Can't see what the fuss is??

The problem is in conversion. People should stop converting one to the other to do a job,and everything will be fine. Troubles start when one mixes them during a project.

I had to laugh listening to some lads the other day who were telling the tale. They were carpet fitters and one said "three and a half metres, how long is that?"

"About eleven foot" says the other! I hope there wasn't too much "about" when they actually fitted the carpet! :D