Feet and inches

It is a deep desire of imperialists to do it the hard difficult way, let them.

1345 and a bit.

I'd get out my conversion tables to find what that bit is, if I needed.

And then get your calculator out if you need to know the answer for 2.3 cubic yards. My point is, the imperial system is needlessly complicated.

And then get your calculator out if you need to know the answer for 2.3 cubic yards. My point is, the imperial system is needlessly complicated.

You say "is" when comparing it with metric.

That is not what some people are claiming.

Metric is absolutely fine.

Imperial did the job just as well (some may say 'better'), but was not inferior when compared to other systems.

Your average punter can't tell you how many metres in a kilometre, so not worth getting excited about it.

You say "is" when comparing it with metric.

That is not what some people are claiming.

Metric is absolutely fine.

Imperial did the job just as well (some may say 'better'), but was not inferior when compared to other systems.

Your average punter can't tell you how many metres in a kilometre, so not worth getting excited about it.

Imperial makes conversions complex, I consider that inferior and worse.

If someone doesn't know how many metres are in a kilometre they shoud be defined as a below-average punter! I would think more people know the answer to that than the question of how many yards in a mile.

If someone doesn't know how many metres are in a kilometre they shoud be defined as a below-average punter! I would think more people know the answer to that than the question of how many yards in a mile.

Depends.

I happen to know both, but then I lived for 20 years before "the change".

1760 yards was one of those things drummed into you at school!

Depends.

I happen to know both, but then I lived for 20 years before "the change".

1760 yards was one of those things drummed into you at school!

So imperial is miles better.

So imperial is miles better.

In the case of mints, yes.

After all, whoever heard of mint metrics?

Metric never caught on with newborn baby weights - still easier to work out if a baby's large or small when hearing weight of 7lbs as opposed to 3.17kg!

Think you mean imperial.

I agree with you and let's get back to £.s.d. too. Mind you have you seen the size of the half-crown? It's ginormous - two of those in your pocket and you'll fall over :hihi:

There's a simple answer to solve that one...

Put one hayf-crown in one pocket, and the other one in the other side.

You'd balance out then, surely?

;) lol

Metric never caught on with newborn baby weights - still easier to work out if a baby's large or small when hearing weight of 7lbs as opposed to 3.17kg!

When ever I have a check up I ask what my weght is in pounds then on my way home I mentally convert to stones and pounds. Yes after 36 years in Canada( stones are not used here) I still want to know my weight in stones and pounds, not just pounds.:)

When ever I have a check up I ask what my weght is in pounds then on my way home I mentally convert to stones and pounds. Yes after 36 years in Canada( stones are not used here) I still want to know my weight in stones and pounds, not just pounds.:)

I did exactly the same when I last took the dog to the vet's for a check-up!

I'm afraid that the dog registering 46kg didn't mean much to me, but when I got home and converted it, I realised that the answer of 101.5lbs - a little over 7 stone - revealed why my arms ache sometimes....

When he decides to pull, he really pulls!