Ecclesall Road: Sheffield's parking fine hotspot.

Ecclesall Road has been revealed as the most likely place in Sheffield to get a parking fine. Anyone have any thoughts on this news?

Park legally and there won't be a problem, people only have themselves to blame

Hope other areas of the city raise their game to match.

Ecclesall Road has been revealed as the most likely place in Sheffield to get a parking fine. Anyone have any thoughts on this news?

Yes. I cycle home up there every day, most days there are cars in the bus lane at restricted times, usually outside Subway.

I generally notice if they have a parking fine ticket on the windscreen and always have a smile if they do.

I think it is actually the bus lane camera at the end of Ecclesall Road that provides the biggest revenues. I wouldn't confess to driving down there every day, but probably five or six times a month when the bus lane times are in force and every single time I have seen a car cut across at the end of the bus lane just before it ends. Usually trying to avoid a bus (or taxi) cutting across them coming the other way.

I think it is actually the bus lane camera at the end of Ecclesall Road that provides the biggest revenues. I wouldn't confess to driving down there every day, but probably five or six times a month when the bus lane times are in force and every single time I have seen a car cut across at the end of the bus lane just before it ends. Usually trying to avoid a bus (or taxi) cutting across them coming the other way.

Not really parking fines though.

toffee nosed people who think they are above the law parking on double yellow lines in their 4x4 17 plate.

toffee nosed people who think they are above the law parking on double yellow lines in their 4x4 17 plate.

Good grief this is Ecclesall Road we're talking about, not Bond Street.

Guest busdriver1

Sorry but these are not really parking fines, they are a stupidity tax.

Should be changed into a tow away zone like they have in Nottingham. Giving out fines does not move the car!

Sorry but these are not really parking fines, they are a stupidity tax.

Or selfishness tax. Or both.

Long time ago I got my license. After few weeks happy and excited I could drive I got a parking fine.

....Oh, of coarse some things you learn after you get your license and I never ever had a parking fine again. They keep getting these fines because they want them, it is their own choice.

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 10:17 ----------

Since you are new here could you also please tell us where you got the information who revealed this and verify how reliable that info is.

Thanks