Council tree felling...

You want to talk about trees? Well you can talk about them till they're all sawn down.

How can a multinational tax avoiding corporation make money out of verge trees? Easy - form a lucrative 'partnership' with a corrupt local authority, then send a team of low-paid workers to cut them down and charge the public an inflated price for the work.

But surely there's no money? Well, you could be forgiven for believing so. However, austerity is not real, it's an ideologically motivated policy designed to enrich the already wealthy at the expense of everyone else. There's always money available for multinational corporations to load into their offshore accounts.

Neoliberals love tax – of course they don't trouble themselves to pay tax, but they happily help themselves to the taxes that ordinary people pay - VAT, Council Tax, Income Tax, they are not fussy.

Sheffield City Council are neither Labour nor Conservative. They are neoliberal. They have become nothing more than agents for their contractors, adept at the instrumental use of bureaucracy to frustrate any opposition. And it works. The myth is that neoliberals hate all forms of government, but this sordid episode proves the opposite - they need government agencies to channel contracts in the direction of the multinationals, and to debilitate any opposition, by force if necessary.

Does anyone really want to stop this corrupt pantomime?

If people really want to see change in relation to the tree-felling scandal there is no point in gathering in a small huddle around the latest site of operations, that's just routine duties for the police and the goons. The only effective way is to meet in the city centre. But such a meeting must be counted in the tens of thousands, or the police will simply follow the procedures they learned in training and break up the event. And anyone attending must be prepared to stay there, all day, all night, all week, until the scandalous arrangement between SCC and Amey is abandoned and the sleazy SCC stooges forced out of office. Do you think you can do this?

It's either that or say goodbye to the trees.

You shouldn't eat cheese so late at night.

the plod really have stooped to a new low today

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/woman-arrested-for-blowing-horn-at-sheffield-tree-felling-protest-1-9076222

They really are an embarrassment to sheffield. We all know SYP have a long and disgraceful history and the way they are harassing protesters takes them to a new all time low. SYP disgust me , they make me feel sick . Everyone of them a complete disgrace to the uniform .

And they wonder why some people have nothing but contempt for them.

Aren’t the protesters harassing the workmen,the policemen and the householders in that vicinity.

Aren’t the protesters harassing the workmen,the policemen and the householders in that vicinity.

By blowing a horn ?

This was blatant police harassment and they know it.

By blowing a horn ?

This was blatant police harassment and they know it.

No,not by blowing a horn.

Having said that when I was in the queue of traffic on RVRd this morning the horn blowing got on my wick,so if I did live in one of the adjacent houses,a full morning of it would certainly get me complaining.

the plod really have stooped to a new low today

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/woman-arrested-for-blowing-horn-at-sheffield-tree-felling-protest-1-9076222

They really are an embarrassment to sheffield. We all know SYP have a long and disgraceful history and the way they are harassing protesters takes them to a new all time low. SYP disgust me , they make me feel sick . Everyone of them a complete disgrace to the uniform .

And they wonder why some people have nothing but contempt for them.

Alan Billings (The Police and Crime Commissioner :rolleyes: ) keeps banging on about the dispute being a civil matter between the council and protesters but when asked why van loads of plod are needed to protect gangs of strapping security guards from a few little old ladies he claims that's an "operational matter" over which he has no control.

So what's his job then?

Surely they only need a couple of plod to oversee the situation and be in a position to arrest the security guards when they go over the top with their violence. At the moment it appears as if Amey are employing them.

They keep posting on facebook about how they've arrested xyz for ridiculous things, AFAIK no one has been charged yet. People should be complaining to the IOPC.

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 08:49 ----------

How exactly?

They keep posting on facebook about how they've arrested xyz for ridiculous things, AFAIK no one has been charged yet. People should be complaining to the IOPC.

Several have been arrested and summonsed to appear at court.

You don't always have to be charged.

SYP disgust me , they make me feel sick . Everyone of them a complete disgrace to the uniform .

Everyone of them? Even the ones who weren’t there, and the ones you have never met? Is it ok to hate all people of a certain group, just because you’ve put them into a group? Is this how we should be?

Can you not have feelings about an organisation?

It's moved down to Rivelin Valley Road and ... "#TootGate"!

For those wondering, this is #tootgate:

She's arrested because of a noise complaint.

I assume they can't hear the chainsaws a few metres away...