Council tree felling...

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Meaning that the council weren't at fault.

No - the council could have been wrong - it doesn’t mean the police acted on that.

Youre assuming that the police didn’t act independently of the council.

i hope they didn’t.

23 hours ago, c00kie said:

Another stage of the gradual unravelling of Sheffield City Council's web of deceit:
https://tinyurl.com/yxazya9h

I wonder for how many trees this was true of.

Those of us who have been campaigning against the unnecessary removal of trees have been saying for years that is was the case the felling was clearly not a final resort, and trees were being felled unnecessarily. 

Good to see the truth finally coming out. 

33 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I wonder for how many trees this was true of.

Those of us who have been campaigning against the unnecessary removal of trees have been saying for years that is was the case the felling was clearly not a final resort, and trees were being felled unnecessarily. 

Good to see the truth finally coming out. 

That report is disgusting, clearly coordinated lies coming out of the council.

They should be made to stop while independent reviews of any others are processed, and the reports open to the public.

Councillors and council employees are public servants. Some Sheffield councillors and council officers have interpreted public service as "lying to the public to protect the financial interests of a private company". Anyone complicit in that clearly needs to be barred from office/sacked 

On 11/02/2019 at 23:41, makapaka said:

No - the council could have been wrong - it doesn’t mean the police acted on that.

Youre assuming that the police didn’t act independently of the council.

i hope they didn’t.

A few pages ago you were arguing specifically that the police DID act independently and that the council were not involved (despite all the evidence to the contrary).  Which happens to mean that the council aren't to blame (despite all the evidence to the contrary).

12 hours ago, Bob Arctor said:

Councillors and council employees are public servants. Some Sheffield councillors and council officers have interpreted public service as "lying to the public to protect the financial interests of a private company". Anyone complicit in that clearly needs to be barred from office/sacked 

Prosecuted even.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

A few pages ago you were arguing specifically that the police DID act independently and that the council were not involved (despite all the evidence to the contrary).  Which happens to mean that the council aren't to blame (despite all the evidence to the contrary).

Yes that’s still what I’m arguing you either haven’t read or understood my post correctly.

i didn’t say the council weren’t involved -

i said I didn’t think the police acted on their direction - and that they acted independently.

Do you believe the police worked at the behest of the council and arrested people on their instruction? 

13 hours ago, Bob Arctor said:

100%

37 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Yes that’s still what I’m arguing you either haven’t read or understood my post correctly.

i didn’t say the council weren’t involved -

i said I didn’t think the police acted on their direction - and that they acted independently.

Do you believe the police worked at the behest of the council and arrested people on their instruction? 

So you ARE defending the council, despite claiming you weren't, and despite there now having admitted to misleading people.

And yes, the council specifically requested the presence of the police and asked them to make arrests under inappropriate legislation.  The police didn't dream that up on their own.

Edited by Cyclone

7 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

So you ARE defending the council, despite claiming you weren't, and despite there now having admitted to misleading people.

And yes, the council specifically requested the presence of the police and asked them to make arrests under inappropriate legislation.  The police didn't dream that up on their own.

I've just started on this thread and I am 100% against the tree felling and think the council are a disgrace and also have little faith in SYP. Also just from scanning the last 2-3 pages, it looks like you've got a vendetta going against that poster, and are ignoring what they are saying. Maybe take a step back and try get what they are saying rather than assuming they are the devil incarnate?