Council tree felling...

If you go back through the thread it was established that there aren’t any penalties.

I dispute that. There may not be penalties in the narrow legal sense of the term, but it is perfectly possible for the contract to be written in such a way that it is more financially advantageous for Amey to complete 70% of resurfacing works within the first 5 years rather than 6 years, say. Similarly, various actions or inactions by SCC might affect how much they have to pay Amey.

If you go back through the thread it was established that there aren’t any penalties.

How do you know. The council will not let anyone see the contract for some reason.

Guest makapaka
I dispute that. There may not be penalties in the narrow legal sense of the term, but it is perfectly possible for the contract to be written in such a way that it is more financially advantageous for Amey to complete 70% of resurfacing works within the first 5 years rather than 6 years, say. Similarly, various actions or inactions by SCC might affect how much they have to pay Amey.

There’s a lot on this earlier in the thread and can’t be bothered going through it all again.

I understand that but is the vast majority of people you have spoken to the vast majority of voters in Sheffield?

And as I say, is the issue of a few trees and the surrounding controversy enough in the big scheme of things enough for them to change their voting patterns?

People are changing their voting patterns, because it's not just about a few trees.

Reasons include the trees being felled against the recommendations of tree experts, the use of private investigators to film/follow protestors by the council, the use of injunctions and the videos on facebook showing Amey personel manhandling elderly protestors.

As well as major issues around the PFI contract, it's secrecy etc.

It's very dangerous!

:D I love these type of posts.

A few more and you can start selling. :thumbsup:

People are changing their voting patterns, because it's not just about a few trees.

Reasons include the trees being felled against the recommendations of tree experts, the use of private investigators to film/follow protestors by the council, the use of injunctions and the videos on facebook showing Amey personel manhandling elderly protestors.

As well as major issues around the PFI contract, it's secrecy etc.

Yes they probably are, that is the people who have an interest in saving the trees, and how many of them will be changing their vote?

But that is still not the majority of Sheffield voters who have no opinion about the trees whatsoever and have other priorities with regards their votes.

Yes they probably are, that is the people who have an interest in saving the trees, and how many of them will be changing their vote?

But that is still not the majority of Sheffield voters who have no opinion about the trees whatsoever and have other priorities with regards their votes.

I'm just saying it will damage Labour in the election. No party can afford to disregard lost votes on the basis that they're not the majority. Neither will local Labour groups splitting off and dissociating themselves from the Labour council.

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 11:26 ----------

Can you put something up here that evidences “what is being done collapses in 18 months” please.

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 11:27 ----------

Can you put something on evidencing the extortion please.

Thats not what I said . I said it was widely reported that Brian Lodge said there would be penalties and people on here denied this . Brian Lodge using scare tactics against the people of Sheffield :rant:

Insightful chat with a couple in the pub the other night. A relative of the woman works for Streets Ahead (Amey), out of the Olive Rd depot.

Apparently,.Amey are attempting to alter the working T & Cs of their staff, including changing shift patterns. Its not going down to well, especially with those workers who were transferred over from SCC. The unions are now involved & it looks like the workers are to ne balloted for industrial action.

The woman also said that her brother & the rest of the staff are continually reminded not to discuss matters with the press or general public, (but I guess you can't stop families from discussing such matters), on fear of being dismissed.

I've always thought it strange that there are all the people posting comments, yet not one comment ever appears to come from a SCC or Amey workers to let us really know what's going on, even though they have the anonymity of a nom de guerre?

I've always thought it strange that there are all the people posting comments, yet not one comment ever appears to come from a SCC or Amey workers to let us really know what's going on, even though they have the anonymity of a nom de guerre?

SF isn't used by that many people - even in its heyday for example only a couple of councillors used the Forum. You'll find usage on most forums going down as more people use facebook, twitter and other social media.

ginally Posted by Baron99 View Post

SF isn't used by that many people - even in its heyday for example only a couple of councillors used the Forum. You'll find usage on most forums going down as more people use facebook, twitter and other social media.

It take what you say on board, which is a shame really, as since I put my first post on SF on a totally different topic, I've found SF & it's posters very informative & amusing but going back to my latest posting above, you'd think that with the fact the topic has been viewed over 22,600 time, there would be a least 1 SSC / Amey worker to add something to the debate?

There is no anonymity on a forum such as this. Members details can easily be obtained by someone with a desire to find them. Why would a SCC employee risk their job by posting on here just to have their words twisted out of context and an argument start.