Council tree felling...

They lost 4 seats out of 21 wasn't it?

They lost 4 seats out of 21 wasn't it?

They could lose the same again next time, and the time after that, and still be in power because the majority of the city either a) doesnt give a toss, and/or b) would vote Labour even if Jimmy Savile was on the ballot.

They could lose the same again next time, and the time after that, and still be in power because the majority of the city either a) doesnt give a toss, and/or b) would vote Labour even if Jimmy Savile was on the ballot.

That's the sad truth. I think most people probably don't even think that voting Labour keeps these idiots going - they just see:

vote Labour= corbyn

vote Conservative = May

and vote accordingly. A number of people have said to me "I hate what's going on with the council an the way they treat people, so I've voted for Corbyn".

I got bored of pointing out that they hadn't done that at all, but had just voted for the very council they despise. There just isn't that much awareness, sadly. It's not that people don't care- more that they don't know what they're voting for.

Guest makapaka
That's the sad truth. I think most people probably don't even think that voting Labour keeps these idiots going - they just see:

vote Labour= corbyn

vote Conservative = May

and vote accordingly. A number of people have said to me "I hate what's going on with the council an the way they treat people, so I've voted for Corbyn".

I got bored of pointing out that they hadn't done that at all, but had just voted for the very council they despise. There just isn't that much awareness, sadly. It's not that people don't care- more that they don't know what they're voting for.

About 50,000 people voted labour in Sheffield council elections last month didn’t they? That’s a lot of people that apparently don’t know what they’re voting for isn’t it?.

About 50,000 people voted labour in Sheffield council elections last month didn’t they? That’s a lot of people that apparently don’t know what they’re voting for isn’t it?.

Can we PLEASE not go down this conversation route again?

Can we just stick to the topic of this trial, and new developments?

Thanks.

Sadly you're entirely correct :(

Guest makapaka
Can we PLEASE not go down this conversation route again?

Can we just stick to the topic of this trial, and new developments?

Thanks.

Er - I was replying to your post which said that people don’t know what they’re voting for. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

I never saw anyone complaining when virtually all the mature trees on the Manor were cut down a couple of years ago.

They are just trees at the end of the day. It's not a huge problem imo.

Just plant a few more in better, more suitable areas...

break the law suffer the consequences it makes not a bit of diference whether its speeding/breaking an injunction/fly tipping.

They are just trees at the end of the day. It's not a huge problem imo.

Just plant a few more in better, more suitable areas...

Wow, what an astounding level of ignorance.

---------- Post added 06-06-2018 at 18:11 ----------

break the law suffer the consequences it makes not a bit of diference whether its speeding/breaking an injunction/fly tipping.

Well, except for the distinction already made that speeding and fly tipping are specifically parts of criminal law. :roll: