Council tree felling...

Guest makapaka
The Highway Tree Replacement policy has at last been published after The Yorkshire Post requested a review of the decision not to make it public.

Surprise surprise there is no mention of felling trees as "a last resort" nor reference to the mythical 6D's criteria for felling. It looks like it was written on the back of a fag packet so bereft of detail it is.

Isn’t that document to do with the requirements for a new tree. Not the criteria for removal?

Isn’t that document to do with the requirements for a new tree. Not the criteria for removal?

Tree replacement.

Guest makapaka
Tree replacement.

It starts by saying the trees in appendix 1 are considered suitable as replacements - I think it’s just setting out the criteria for whatever new trees going in isn’t it?

I might be wrong - read it again though and there’s nothing at all bout tree removal at all.

Maka , any chance of an answer to my post 1746 ?

Guest makapaka
Maka , any chance of an answer to my post 1746 ?

I don’t know hackey - you’ve got a point but I don’t think it’s right how people just accuse someone of making thing things up without any justification either.

I don’t know hackey - you’ve got a point but I don’t think it’s right how people just accuse someone of making thing things up without any justification either.

Maybe the so called offended should show proof of the offence , and then they would have justification and there would be no people making things up , and no people defending the so called offended :huh:

Guest makapaka
Maybe the so called offended should show proof of the offence , and then they would have justification and there would be no people making things up , and no people defending the so called offended :huh:

The way I look at it is the bloke resigned.

People can make their own mind up as to whether he received threats - there was the instance where someone shouted “shoot him”.

He’s gone now - why speculate and accuse further.

Even if he evidenced the threats - I don’t think it would change people’s views on his performance.

The way I look at it is the bloke resigned.

People can make their own mind up as to whether he received threats - there was the instance where someone shouted “shoot him”.

He’s gone now - why speculate and accuse further.

Even if he evidenced the threats - I don’t think it would change people’s views on his performance.

I know its coincidental :) But last year another one of the top people in the council resigned ( for a better paid consultancy job ) and claimed personal abuse and threats were a reason for quitting :suspect:. Why the comment "hes gone now why speculate further " . Are we supposed to forget it and move on when hes still on the council ?

Guest makapaka
I know its coincidental :) But last year another one of the top people in the council resigned ( for a better paid consultancy job ) and claimed personal abuse and threats were a reason for quitting :suspect:. Why the comment "hes gone now why speculate further " . Are we supposed to forget it and move on when hes still on the council ?

I thought he’d jacked?

I thought he’d jacked?

Resigned from his cabinet post but still on the council . Thought you would have known that

Guest makapaka
Resigned from his cabinet post but still on the council . Thought you would have known that

Nope - I thought he’d jacked it all in.

So how can anyone now claim the council aren't liars? It's in the open.

Shame on them. We've been lied to continuously, have lost many trees across the city, and now the truth has been revealed people should be held to account fpr willfully lying to the public. The reasons as to why they lied should also be looked into- such as whether people had vested interests.

As far as I can see none of the council apologists can possibly defend this. The public has shown to have been lied to.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-council-s-secret-policy-for-tree-felling-revealed-1-9167600

Also worth noting that Lodge went just as this was due to be released. Convenient.