Council tree felling...

Bit more time on his hands, maybe he will remember to pay his business rates this year!!

Seems fair enough to me, a protester would be the first to try and sue if a tree hit them in the face.

Hoping that comment is constructive enough for you. Much love.

33 police officers in one street seems fair enough, when we're told police funding is a big issue? It doesn't to me.

Still, when there are people blowing plastic trumpets to be arrested.....

In comparison to the number of street trees, which is what is being complained about, it's half of Sheffield's street trees which Amey are contractually obliged to replace within the next 20 years.

"Street trees", ie those planted in road side verges and the pavement would exclude many thousand more trees in close proximity to roads and which give just as much, if not more, benefit to the environment.

Seems fair enough to me, a protester would be the first to try and sue if a tree hit them in the face.

Hoping that comment is constructive enough for you. Much love.

It seems "fair enough" to you that the security and police were there for the safety of the public.

You don't then find it a bit disingenuous that the security staff were reported numerous times for assaulting the public, the police arrested numerous members of the public, yet no charges have been brought for any of those arrests, security made spurious allegations of assault against the public, etc, etc...

No matter how hard you try to make them appear to be the good guys, they quite clearly aren't.

It seems "fair enough" to you that the security and police were there for the safety of the public.

You don't then find it a bit disingenuous that the security staff were reported numerous times for assaulting the public, the police arrested numerous members of the public, yet no charges have been brought for any of those arrests, security made spurious allegations of assault against the public, etc, etc...

No matter how hard you try to make them appear to be the good guys, they quite clearly aren't.

Didnt say that. Unfortunately we live in a compo culture.

Didnt say that. Unfortunately we live in a compo culture.

What has compensation got to do with anything?

If I was assaulted by a security guard, I'd class it as a legal matter. Nothing to do with any compensation.

According to sheffield.gov/uk :

We are committed to replacing street trees on a one for one basis.

On Crawford Road in S8 at least 8 very large trees were removed, and the pavements subsequently restored. Since then, 4 young trees have been planted (3 near the top, 1 in the middle.)

On the assumption that the tree planting season is over until autumn, it appears we now have a deficit of at least 4 replacement trees, which of course is very noticeable given the disparity of size between old and new.

Not been able to find any information about Amey's tree planting plans - if anyone knows how to access them (if they exist) I would be very interested to hear from them.

Would also be interested to hear whether others have found that SCC/Amey have kept their promise to replace on at least a 1 for 1 basis where they live.

(What I'm NOT interested in is restarting the debate about whether the mature trees should have been felled in the first place - here at least it's time to move on.)

The words "where you live" are not in your quote. Is there an obligation for them to be in the immediate area around where they are removed?

Fair question, although if you live on a tree-lined street I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the street would still be tree-lined after the works were completed. ;)

On Crawford Road in S8 at least 8 very large trees were removed, and the pavements subsequently restored. Since then, 4 young trees have been planted (3 near the top, 1 in the middle.)

On the assumption that the tree planting season is over until autumn, it appears we now have a deficit of at least 4 replacement trees, which of course is very noticeable given the disparity of size between old and new.

Not been able to find any information about Amey's tree planting plans - if anyone knows how to access them (if they exist) I would be very interested to hear from them.

Would also be interested to hear whether others have found that SCC/Amey have kept their promise to replace on at least a 1 for 1 basis where they live.

(What I'm NOT interested in is restarting the debate about whether the mature trees should have been felled in the first place - here at least it's time to move on.)

Round my end they seem to have replaced all the ones they've taken down, obviously they're only saplings but hopefully my kids and their kids will be able to enjoy healthy trees on their streets in the future.

Let’s face it, if every street tree in Sheffield was ripped up it still would not make a difference to the health of Sheffield folk, which I believe gave the first argument for the tree huggers to revolt.

Let’s face it, if every street tree in Sheffield was ripped up it still would not make a difference to the health of Sheffield folk, which I believe gave the first argument for the tree huggers to revolt.

Says the scientist amongst us that has research to prove this? :roll:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-public-health-researchers-are-looking-urban-trees-180960985/