Council tree felling...

I wouldn't put too much trust in that - it's a 'readers letter'....written by someone in Richmond!

Why on earth they'd be writing letters of praise about Amey to the Sheffield Star I don't know.....

I know, that a bit tongue in cheek so i edited it.

If you had a bumpy road and now have a nice smooth road why wouldn't you praise them?

Ongoing contract wins speak for themselves dont they? even if a very small number dont work out.

It is interesting that in cases where Amey have lost work, such as Birmingham or for Highways England, these companies have since awarded new contracts to Amey.

Ongoing contracts are not representative of much of anything to do with QoS.

In other words, what you mean is you've nothing to show for all these many links. Except one person who wrote to the star ranting about "tree huggers".

I know, that a bit tongue in cheek so i edited it.

If you had a bumpy road and now have a nice smooth road why wouldn't you praise them?

Because you can see further than the end of your road?

The road outside my house has been resurfaced fine- no problems yet. Doesn't mean to say that I don't realize, or see, that this isn't the case on other roads.

After all (to use a weird analogy)- just because Jimmy Savile was nice to you personally, you wouldn't hesitate to condemn him, based on other things he'd done, or discount those things.

I wouldn't put too much trust in that - it's a 'readers letter'....written by someone in Richmond!

Why on earth they'd be writing letters of praise about Amey to the Sheffield Star I don't know.....

Probably googled a map of the area and mistakenly decided that it was a bit posh, we are a city divided by a false conception of wealth in any area on the south west of the city.

Despite what you might think, you are affected by your environment, and street trees (unless you hide inside all day) are part of (or not part of) that environment.

And the road surface, unless you only ever walk or take the tram, also affects you on a regular basis.

Yes, but I certainly have no inclination to get worked up by it, unlike some people on here. It's all they seem to post about, as if they come on here simply to speak badly of SCC and to try and convince others to think the same.

My post count percentage in this thread is perhaps no different than in other threads considering this thread is over 1300 posts long, but I'm certainly not trying to influence other peoples thinking, unlike some.

And despite how "unworked up" you are, you're one of the most prolific posters on the topic.

Out of interest, how have you judged that other people are "worked up"?

You are quite clearly trying to influence other people's opinion. You're criticising people for caring and stating how little you care (despite the evidence to the opposite), to hold yourself up as some paragon of good behaviour where indifference to the behaviour of our elected representatives is somehow a good thing.

---------- Post added 10-04-2018 at 17:11 ----------

It is quite obvious you are being disingenuous. If you see that as a threat then you really must call the police while we still have some freed up from policing the tree felling.

You know that is what is meant when I say stop wasting tax payers money, protesting the Tree felling.

Initially the protest was about the trees and it was blatantly obvious only a select few folk cared.

It was all about the damage to the atmosphere the felling would do, it was about the habitat of wild animals, it was about the beauty of the trees. And still only a select few cared.

None of this is now mentioned. All the controversy is now around Amey,s contract with the council.

It seems you are not bothered about the trees but more about the contract with Amey in an effort to stay in the limelight.

You know that quite well.

It was always about the contract regarding the trees and the fact that Amey are cutting them down driven purely by profit and enabled by the inept contract that SCC formed with them.

And despite how "unworked up" you are, you're one of the most prolific posters on the topic.

Prolific? With just forty odd posts in a thread with over 1,300 posts? Even if I am the fourth biggest contributor to this thread, I reckon my forty odd post count pales into insignificance compared to Paula, yourself and others, so I'm hardly prolific.

Prolific - present in large numbers or quantities; plentiful.

Out of interest, how have you judged that other people are "worked up"?

Well for a start Paula said she hated SCC, which suggests she is pretty 'worked up' in my opinion. Another member stated he/she hated every member of SYP, which includes all the cops he/she hasn't even met. Together with the opinions and sheer volume of posts by certain people in this thread, including yourself, and those who have bothered to protest. I would say that suggests they are pretty 'worked up' about it all wouldn't you?

Edited by WarPig

Prolific? With just forty odd posts in a thread with over 1,300 posts? Even if I am the fourth biggest contributor to this thread, I reckon my forty odd post count pales into insignificance compared to Paula, yourself and others, so I'm hardly prolific.

Prolific - present in large numbers or quantities; plentiful.

Well for a start Paula said she hated SCC, which suggests she is pretty 'worked up' in my opinion. Another member stated he/she hated every member of SYP, which includes all the cops he/she hasn't even met. Together with the opinions and sheer volume of posts by certain people in this thread, including yourself, and those who have bothered to protest. I would say that suggests they are pretty 'worked up' about it all wouldn't you?

I've never said anything of the sort. Please find and quote me saying I 'hate' Sheffield Council, otherwise refrain from making assumptions. Thanks.

I don't recall anyone saying they hated every member of the police force either.

Found anything to care about in the news today? The chemical attack on children is in there- even though you seem rather proud of the fact there is "nothing in the news" for you to care about.

Lack of compassion isn't a virtue you know, no matter how much you may try and convince others it is.

Edited by paula4sheff

I've never said anything of the sort. Please find and quote me saying I 'hate' Sheffield Council, otherwise refrain from making assumptions. Thanks.

Perhaps it was Amey you were referring to, and not SCC?

Yes, it was Amey...

I dont understand all the hatred for Amey

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't hate them, given what we know about them.

Perhaps it was Amey you were referring to, and not SCC?

Yes, it was Amey...

Right.

Please actually read posts then in future.

Back to ignoring the news for you then.....

Right.

Please actually read posts then in future.

But your hatred for Amey answers cyclones question of why I think that some on here are 'worked up' by it all.

I don't recall anyone saying they hated every member of the police force either.

here we go..

the plod really have stooped to a new low today

They really are an embarrassment to sheffield. We all know SYP have a long and disgraceful history and the way they are harassing protesters takes them to a new all time low. SYP disgust me , they make me feel sick . Everyone of them a complete disgrace to the uniform .

And they wonder why some people have nothing but contempt for them.

Hate/disgut, pretty much the same context in Penistone999's post. And it all points to him/her being at the very least 'worked up'. Wouldn't you agree?

Edited by WarPig

There is quite large part of SE Sheffield called Richmond - it is also an electoral ward.