Council tree felling...

I would imagine you could pick any tier 1 contractor in the uk and find instances where they end up in court.

Possibly- but you must admit, that Amey are hardly swimming in good press at the moment?

If other companies are equally bad, that doesn't make much difference. It's still unacceptable that our money is being used in such a way.

. If the only good news stories for Amey are on their own website. It says a lot about how terrible they are.

They arent its just a lot easier than posting lots of links

---------- Post added 10-04-2018 at 12:43 ----------

Would anyone use their services, given their reputation? I certainly wouldn't use a builder if I found out that numerous customers were taking them to court.

Yes and they do.

Without wanting to go around in circles, we dont know whats in the contract so who is to say they arent doing a great job.

Councillors can huff and puff all they want but as ever its only aimed at winning votes.

To use your analogy if a builder did 1000 jobs dont you think you are bound to get a few complaints?

More like you can't find the positive stories because of the many negative ones!

---------- Post added 10-04-2018 at 12:43 ----------

Yes and they do.

Without wanting to go around in circles, we dont know whats in the contract so who is to say they arent doing a great job.

Councillors can huff and puff all they want but as ever its only aimed at winning votes.

To use your analogy if a builder did 1000 jobs dont you think you are bound to get a few complaints?

But you've got councils (for which Amey do 1000s of jobs) willing to take them to court. If they'd done one or two jobs badly within those council contracts. well OK. But that's clearly not the case- there are enough major issues to make councils undertake huge court cases.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, and I'd be very surprised if, going forwards, they get many new contracts or renewals now. All these court cases are hitting at (roughly) the same time, and you'd think new potential clients will be taking note and looking elsewhere.

Of course, a major part of all this is the shameful PFI model, which has shown itself to be dreadful time and time again.

I'll leave you to figure out why protests around tree fellings might be connected to Amey and SCC.

I'm still wondering as to how I'm "wasting your money".......

You still haven’t pointed out where I declared I wasn’t aware that SCC or Amey were involved.

Either point it out or apologise.

You still haven’t pointed out where I declared I wasn’t aware that SCC or Amey were involved.

Either point it out or apologise.

Is that a threat? Terrified!

I'll post it again though, for the sake of diplomacy. Please feel free (I'll ask again) to let me know how I am wasting your money.

Nb. Either/or questions, by their very nature, state that the things aren't interlinked. Hence the either/or question you asked suggested you had no knowledge of Amey and SCC being linked to the tree protests.

Originally Posted by monkey104

So is it about the trees or Amey/SCC?.

You appear to be wasting our money

Edited by paula4sheff

It is quite obvious you are being disingenuous. If you see that as a threat then you really must call the police while we still have some freed up from policing the tree felling.

You know that is what is meant when I say stop wasting tax payers money, protesting the Tree felling.

Initially the protest was about the trees and it was blatantly obvious only a select few folk cared.

It was all about the damage to the atmosphere the felling would do, it was about the habitat of wild animals, it was about the beauty of the trees. And still only a select few cared.

None of this is now mentioned. All the controversy is now around Amey,s contract with the council.

It seems you are not bothered about the trees but more about the contract with Amey in an effort to stay in the limelight.

You know that quite well.

Edited by monkey104

More like you can't find the positive stories because of the many negative ones!

Even if you assume the positive spin, you cant just make contract wins up.

It is quite obvious you are being disingenuous. If you see that as a threat then you really must call the police while we still have some freed up from policing the tree felling.

You know that is what is meant when I say stop wasting tax payers money, protesting the Tree felling.

Initially the protest was about the trees and it was blatantly obvious only a select few folk cared.

It was all about the damage to the atmosphere the felling would do, it was about the habitat of wild animals, it was about the beauty of the trees. And still only a select few cared.

None of this is now mentioned. All the controversy is now around Amey,s contract with the council.

It seems you are not bothered about the trees but more about the contract with Amey in an effort to stay in the limelight.

You know that quite well.

Ummm.....I don't think I'll be calling the police, no!

So what's your point? That this issue has highlighted issues around the council and Amey? Of course it has. That's why it's got the exposure it has.

Do you think that people should just be angry at one bit of the full problem? Most people are able to see how everything is interlinked. I think you may be getting confused.

Why would you assume I wasn't bothered about trees? Following this issue has opened my eyes to what is going on a wider scale, as I'm sure it has for many people and news organisations.

"None of this is mentioned now" - so, you're saying no one is now mentioning the tree protests? Huh? I thought you were complaining about the tree protests....that no one apparently now mentions? Baffling.

"It seems you are not bothered about the trees but more about the contract with Amey in an effort to stay in the limelight. you know that quite well."

I'm at a loss really as to how to respond to you. "The limelight?" Of Sheffield Forum?! Oh yes, I'm absolutely basking in it! I care nothing about the trees, I'm just interested in the sheer glamour and high-life that posting on Sheffield Forum provides. "The limelight"! haha!

Still waiting on how I'm costing you money though.....

Edited by paula4sheff

Even if you assume the positive spin, you cant just make contract wins up.

Yes if you move the goalposts and count every contract Amey have won as great news, then you can find some links. But we weren't doing that, we were looking for positive news about Amey, actually doing things well, in budget, on time, with good workmanship. Feel free to post all those many links that show this.

Yes if you move the goalposts and count every contract Amey have won as great news, then you can find some links. But we weren't doing that, we were looking for positive news about Amey, actually doing things well, in budget, on time, with good workmanship. Feel free to post all those many links that show this.

Ongoing contract wins speak for themselves dont they? even if a very small number dont work out.

It is interesting that in cases where Amey have lost work, such as Birmingham or for Highways England, these companies have since awarded new contracts to Amey.

Edited by the fonz

I wouldn't put too much trust in that - it's a 'readers letter'....written by someone in Richmond!

Why on earth they'd be writing letters of praise about Amey to the Sheffield Star I don't know.....