Council tree felling...

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

You were denying that the council pressured the police into acting and then attempting to refocus the discussion on the police rather than the council.

No I was questioning whether the police were pressurised by the council.

thats a different thing.

you then attempted to refocus it into me defending the council.

10 hours ago, makapaka said:

Has every protestor that was arrested been found to have been wrongly arrested?

The findings of wrongful arrest by the IOPC were for the initial wave of 9 arrests around 2017 under trade union legislation . Complaints about later arrests are still wending their way through the system - and of course not everyone has formally complained. The police have already internally investigated "tootgate" and exonerated themselves.

Of the 40 or so total arrests, all charges were later dropped apart from just one which was taken to Magistrate's Court and the guy found not guilty - chiefly because the prosecution's two witness accounts were, er, somewhat mutually contradictory. The witnesses being Amey employees of course.

Just come back from a walk & past Gatefield Rd.  No sign of any pruning work being carried out today, apparently despite the whole road being notified by leaflets dropped through letterboxes telling residents to move their vehicles or risk them being towed away & large signs attached to trees stating 'No parking.' 

So this is the second time in a few weeks, (previously it was the 29 Jan),  when scheduled hasn't been carried out. 

Do SYP have something more pressing today? 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Just come back from a walk & past Gatefield Rd.  No sign of any pruning work being carried out today, apparently despite the whole road being notified by leaflets dropped through letterboxes telling residents to move their vehicles or risk them being towed away & large signs attached to trees stating 'No parking.' 

So this is the second time in a few weeks when work was supposed to be done but hasn't been carried out. 

Did 'Any' Residents move their vehicles?

4 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Did 'Any' Residents move their vehicles?

Don't know? I wasn't out down that way at 6:30 this morning but the road is full of vehicles about an hour ago, some parked up next to the trees that were due to be pruned. 

I'll try & find something out tomorrow? 

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Don't know? I wasn't out down that way at 6:30 this morning but the road is full of vehicles about an hour ago, some parked up next to the trees that were due to be pruned. 

I'll try & find something out tomorrow? 

Don't worry yourself fella...;)

I was just interested if anyone complied with the 'Leaflets'..

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

No I was questioning whether the police were pressurised by the council.

thats a different thing.

you then attempted to refocus it into me defending the council.

That's precisely how you defended the council throughout the long history of this thread, misdirection and questioning whether the council was really responsible, even when it very clearly was.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

That's precisely how you defended the council throughout the long history of this thread, misdirection and questioning whether the council was really responsible, even when it very clearly was.

I was talking about the police not the council.

On 08/02/2019 at 12:12, makapaka said:

I don't believe the police arrested people because of pressure from the council.

I'm not suggesting the arrests were correct as they've been proven to be wrong - I don't think that the council made them do it though.

This looks a lot like defending the council.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/opinion/the-yorkshire-post-says-the-sheffield-tree-scandal-and-echoes-of-dark-orgreave-days-1-9582775

And now this...

Seems SYP are easily mislead and don't seem to mind that they are. 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

This looks a lot like defending the council.

I meant the police made their own decision. 

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

I meant the police made their own decision. 

Meaning that the council weren't at fault.