Council tree felling...

Weird isn’t it.

I’m not a big fan of the council. The accusation that I am - because i don’t agree with some of the people on here on certain subjects - is the worst type of argument.

“You don’t agree with me so you must have an agenda”

You for one are a better poster than that usually.

I think it comes more from your consistent and relentless defence of the council against any and all criticism.

People (myself included) find that rather odd, as the council continue their demise into being increasingly unaccountable and incompetent....not to mention some of the, ahem, 'untruths' and their seemingly bottomless cash pit when it comes to battling tree protesters.

Guest makapaka
I think it comes more from your consistent and relentless defence of the council against any and all criticism.

People (myself included) find that rather odd, as the council continue their demise into being increasingly unaccountable and incompetent....not to mention some of the, ahem, 'untruths' and their seemingly bottomless cash pit when it comes to battling tree protesters.

I think it’s more from your consistent and relentless attack on the council and refusal to accept any defence of their actions.

I think it’s more from your consistent and relentless attack on the council and refusal to accept any defence of their actions.

Based on what exactly? My belief that hacking down trees and arresting people with pink trumpets is a little 'off'?

I'll consistently and relentlessly attack that (and the amount of money wasted on the Amey contract and doing their bidding) quite happily, as I don't think there's anything to defend. I don't think you'll find I'm the only one with these views either somehow....

Guest makapaka
Based on what exactly? My belief that hacking down trees and arresting people with pink trumpets is a little 'off'?

I'll consistently and relentlessly attack that (and the amount of money wasted on the Amey contract and doing their bidding) quite happily, as I don't think there's anything to defend. I don't think you'll find I'm the only one with these views either somehow....

Not nice when people just make unsupported statements about you is it?

Not nice when people just make unsupported statements about you is it?

A bit different. Back to the point: you must see why many people on here believe you have a vested interest in defending the council, across many threads?

It's not just one issue - it's any criticism. Hence speculation as to why you are so keen to defend them against any and all allegations. I don't believe myself that you are a council employee...but I do wonder as to why your defenses are so common and ready.

I guess that will remain a mystery!

Anyway, back on topic.

Is this tree-felling still a thing? I live in the area most affected and can't say I've seen any evidence of any trees being removed.

Weird isn’t it.

I’m not a big fan of the council. The accusation that I am - because i don’t agree with some of the people on here on certain subjects - is the worst type of argument.

“You don’t agree with me so you must have an agenda”

You for one are a better poster than that usually.

In what way aren't you a fan? Can you name something you don't agree with that the council have done recently with regards to the tree saga or in fact anything at all?

When walking my dog yesterday, noticed a few new signs on trees in the area, nothing stating or suggesting any Amey involvement but the signs are from SCC saying street maintenance from next Monday, 17th Sept.

Presumably then just a clean up?

Is this tree-felling still a thing? I live in the area most affected and can't say I've seen any evidence of any trees being removed.

Felling has been "temporarily" suspended since late March, while SCC ums and ahs about how to get out of the hole it's in.

Guest makapaka
A bit different. Back to the point: you must see why many people on here believe you have a vested interest in defending the council, across many threads?

It's not just one issue - it's any criticism. Hence speculation as to why you are so keen to defend them against any and all allegations. I don't believe myself that you are a council employee...but I do wonder as to why your defenses are so common and ready.

I guess that will remain a mystery!

Well here’s a quick one - you’ve just accused the council of arresting people with pink trumpets but they didn’t do that did they? The council didn’t arrest anyone.

You’re wrong - but you see that as me defending the council when really you’re attacking the council for something they didn’t do and I’m correcting you.

Nowhere does it say "the council" in this quote. It's a statement of belief about what behaviour is okay and what not. But makapaka in your desire to defend the council, you've seized on what you thought was a mistake to distract from the behaviour of the council.

We all know that the police were there at the instigation of the council though.

Anyway, back on topic.

We've had some removed and replaced; generally the ones that were too big for where they were.

All looks good now. good job IMO