Council tree felling...

Come on Padders :rolleyes:, theres plenty of information about the replacement trees on this thread

Sorry hackey. 98 pages on this thread, and I not been bothered to read em all.

---------- Post added 06-06-2018 at 23:20 ----------

Well just for you and all the animals there's thousands of other mature trees not too far away.

Agree lottie.

Well just for you and all the animals there's thousands of other mature trees not too far away.

Ok , that's ok then :roll:

Ok , that's ok then :roll:

Yep - how many nesting birds, roosting bats, squirrels dreys etc do you find in the trees growing in the pavements and road side verges?

Next to none.

Compare this to trees and bushes in gardens, parks and other green spaces a few dozen yards away from the roads.

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 01:33 ----------

The Amazon is just a vast oxygen giving rainforest...cut it down and replace it with twigs, not a problem in your stupid opinion?

You can't replace mature things with tiny things....owls don't nest in saplings for example.

"Street Trees" in Sheffield are less than 1% of the urban forest. And trees aren't the major source of oxygen.

Owls don't nest in trees growing in pavements and road side verges.

Edited by Longcol

Do you actually understand what an injunction means?

Yes.

Have you ever sought one?

Have you ever argued that one was inappropriate?

Have you ever sough to enforce one?

Have you ever argued there was no breach either in law or facts?

When you have come back and let me know if you have gained any insight into the process. When you have you will be in a very much better place to comment.

If you seriously think this process shows SCC in a good light, on top of the issues that matter to those who elected them, able to deal with very substantial commercial contracts in a way that indicates they knew what they were getting into, and when criticism comes there way competent to deal with it - then you and I are living in different places.

As I understand it the politicians said the proceedings for committal to prison were a matter for the legal department - thats called ducking the issue. When the Judge asked the obvious question at the outset the response from a politician was Yes we do want to continue to seek to imprison Sheffield people.

You can't make this stuff up.

Dont see the issue with a council seeking to imprison its residents, they would happily do so when it comes to council tax arrears.

So I dont know why people are throwing that red herring into the mix.

Sorry hackey. 98 pages on this thread, and I not been bothered to read em all.

Perhaps you should keep your unsupported opinions to yourself then if you can't be bothered to reduce your own ignorance. :roll:

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 09:02 ----------

Yep - how many nesting birds, roosting bats, squirrels dreys etc do you find in the trees growing in the pavements and road side verges?

Next to none.

All shared from your expert level in ecological studies I assume? Not just made up to support a conclusion you've already reached. :roll:

[QUOTE=Cyclone;11879774]Perhaps you should keep your unsupported opinions to yourself then if you can't be bothered to reduce your own ignorance. :roll:

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 09:02 ----------

All shared from your expert level in ecological studies I assume? Not just made up to support a conclusion you've already reached. :roll:

Will do.........

What on earth does all that target stuff have to do with a) the injunction being issued, and b) it being broken?

A total waste of the court's time.

Will the councilors that have agreed that the full force of the law be used against four of the protestors be re-elected next time round I wonder.

Angel1.

Of course they will. The sheeple of sheffield will never vote anything other than Labour.

They get the council they deserve.

Guest makapaka
Of course they will. The sheeple of sheffield will never vote anything other than Labour.

They get the council they deserve.

They get the council they vote for.

Looks like SCC have won, three of the four found guilty: