Council tree felling...

Sorry I don’t see it - if it is so be it but no where can I see where it mentions that it’s part of the same scheme.

You'd have to question the sanity of a council battling a company in the courts because of poor quality work signing another contract with the same company simultaneously really!

Guest makapaka
You'd have to question the sanity of a council battling a company in the courts because of poor quality work signing another contract with the same company simultaneously really!

This one confirms it’s not part of the same scheme;

https://www.transport-network.co.uk/Amey-moves-on-to-deliver-cycle-revolution-in-Birmingham/14960

What is the issue with the lean construction reference?

Edited by makapaka

Why do a certain few people on here get so worked up about SCC council contracts? I couldn't give a toss about what Amey and SCC are doing, none of it really affects my life one way or the other. To post constantly about the subject seems a bit strange. I could probably understand it if it was about failing hospitals, but not trees and road surfaces!!!

Why not just get on with your life and stop worrying and being so hateful. Who really cares?

Why do a certain few people on here get so worked up about SCC council contracts? I couldn't give a toss about what Amey and SCC are doing, none of it really affects my life one way or the other. To post constantly about the subject seems a bit strange. I could probably understand it if it was about failing hospitals, but not trees and road surfaces!!!

Why not just get on with your life and stop worrying and being so hateful. Who really cares?

Ok, you can be an Ostrich if you want but others don't think like that

Ok, you can be an Ostrich if you want but others don't think like that

Well they would probably be much happier if they did. I don't see how anyone can get so concerned and stressed about the matter.

Well they would probably be much happier if they did. I don't see how anyone can get so concerned and stressed about the matter.

For someone who isn't concerned , you seem to post quite a lot on this thread :huh:

For someone who isn't concerned , you seem to post quite a lot on this thread :huh:

I wouldn't say Ive posted much on here at all. And I certainly haven't posted with any concerns about any council contracts. I just don't get why some of you are so bothered about such matters. Has the SCC/Amey contract really affected your life? I doubt it.

Oh the modern "haters gonna hate" line

Council tax keeps going up, services keep getting cut but public money gets pumped into publicly traded multinationals for shareholder profit at the expense of service provision (including that which could be better spent on health and social care) and the response is "oh, you a hater"

You REALLY don't care why your council tax bill keeps going up, don't care why, don't care where the money goes? Happy with redacted secret deals with your money?

I despair

Guest makapaka

Council tax keeps going up, services keep getting cut but public money gets pumped into publicly traded multinationals for shareholder profit at the expense of service provision (including that which could be better spent on health and social care) and the response is "oh, you a hater"

You REALLY don't care why your council tax bill keeps going up, don't care why, don't care where the money goes? Happy with redacted secret deals with your money?

I despair

I think that some people are pleased the streets have been resurfaced etc - the council couldn’t afford it because the government doesn’t give them any money - so they used a pfi vehicle which got the job done but with obvious issues along the way.

People have targeted the council and contractor as the big baddies whilst the government sits and watches unperturbed.

I’d have far more respect for the protestors if they were our asking why we were forced down this procurement route - instead of venting at amey and the council.

I despair

Nope, I honestly don't care. I'm not accusing people of being haters, it was Paula who recently admitted she hated SCC/Amey. But why get so worked up about it, its hardly life changing stuff.

Edited by WarPig

Guest makapaka
Nope, I honestly don't care to the point of hating, as paula said she did recently. Why get so worked up about it, its hardly life changing.

That poster has lost any point of reference.

Nothing can be said about the subject that doesn’t paint the council and amey as completely in the wrong.

There will be things wrong - it’s not all wrong - you can’t make a point that doesn’t support the view that the whole scheme is against us.

The roads and footpaths around where I live have been resurfaced and they have done a brilliant job of it, so much better than it was.