Council tree felling...

What else should the police arrest the protestors for?

They are already arresting them for breaching section 303 of the highways act, and 4a of the public order act.

---------- Post added 24-03-2018 at 18:45 ----------

I doubt that very much from my own experience.

What they might rightfully be pleased about is that the Secretary of State for the Environment, odious twuntness aside, has noticed what is happening in Sheffield.

That in and of itself, brings a LOT more attention onto the subject.

Hence STAG welcoming his intervention. With ongoing coverage in the national press and on the BBC, including an 11 minute report that features an interview with Gove and the sight of Julie Dore driving off without answering any questions, the council are stuffed, basically.

The fact that Gove's using it to bash a Labour council and not actually doing anything visible to stop the felling is far from unexpected by STAG, or anyone else who knows the backstabbing little weasel.

Corbyn and 3 Sheffield MPs have come out against the felling, partly no doubt to try and do something about the council before Gove really starts putting the boot in.

'Twuntness' aside....

Now there are not many people in Sheffield who would say that.!

---------- Post added 24-03-2018 at 20:05 ----------

IT's about time you were made aware of the Corruption that goes on in Sheffield Council...

This isn't the First Time us Sheffielders have complained..

But it was about Housing and Not TREES..Pitty YOU weren't there then.

I am not sure but the question was put to him:

” if SCC were to incur any loss due to cancelling the contract would the govt Pay those costs”

Gove just made a non commital answer.

It’s going to be a nice bill for Sheffield folk if there is.

Here's the interview, on the BBC News website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-43492887

Two minutes of SCC bashing and non-commitment from Slimey Gove.

Julie Dore = RENEGADE :D

Oh yes, Slimey Gove also denied that the Tory government cutting funding to local councils had anything to do with those same cash-strapped councils acting in such a manner :|

Here's the interview, on the BBC News website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-43492887

Two minutes of SCC bashing and non-commitment from Slimey Gove.

Julie Dore = RENEGADE :D

Oh yes, Slimey Gove also denied that the Tory government cutting funding to local councils had anything to do with those same cash-strapped councils acting in such a manner :|

Give over , Gove may be many things but this inept council is to blame for kow towing to amey .

Chance to vote the labour council out in May.

Chance to stop a labour South Yorkshire mayor too.

Would still like to see whoever comes to power try to get out of the Amey contract.... is it about trees or Amey now... so confusing.

Chance to vote the labour council out in May.

Chance to stop a labour South Yorkshire mayor too.

Would still like to see whoever comes to power try to get out of the Amey contract.... is it about trees or Amey now... so confusing.

well it looks like our choices are Lord Bobar in the Yellow corner, and Slimey Gove in the Blue corner.

I'm tempted to stick with the Reds, simply 'cos it's a case of Better the devil you know :|

Anybody know if the Greens are gonna contest in all wards? This might be their year at last

well it looks like our choices are Lord Bobar in the Yellow corner, and Slimey Gove in the Blue corner.

I'm tempted to stick with the Reds, simply 'cos it's a case of Better the devil you know :|

Anybody know if the Greens are gonna contest in all wards? This might be their year at last

They have rather optimistically fielded a candidate for the Mayoralty I believe.

What was turnout like in the last local elections? 30%? 35% We could do better as a body politic I feel. The more voters, the more fluid it becomes I think - and that would be a good thing.

What the Great Sheffield Tree debacle has revealed, more than anything else is the closed-shop attitude of the ruling group in the council, in this case labour, but I really don't think the lib-dems really did a good job either.

I get the strong feeling they're all out of their depth, nothing to be ashamed of, but it's important to acknowledge it before it's too late. The current incumbents are pretty inept, and their PR game is a joke.

This video is well worth watching . Have a look and see the thugs from SYP in action . One wooden top even calls in social services because a teenager , off school because of the snow , turns up at a protest. You will also see the lady with the toy trumpet intimidated and man handled by the plod , a 64 year old man assualted and man handled before being arrested for nowt , total arrogance from Julie Door , Brian Lodge lying through his teeth on radio sheffield , and Amey`s security thugs assaulting pensioners.

Edited by Penistone999

This video is well worth watching . Have a look and see the thugs from SYP in action . One wooden top even calls in social services because a teenager , off school because of the snow , turns up at a protest. You will also see the lady with the toy trumpet intimidated and man handled by the plod , a 64 year old man assualted and man handled before being arrested for nowt , total arrogance from Julie Door , Brian Lodge lying through his teeth on radio sheffield , and Amey`s security thugs assaulting pensioners.

And in case anyone is still disputing interest elsewhere in this affair, this video has now had 1 million viewings.

I’ve watched it and arrived at a different view to you.

The workman need to work safely in a restricted area.

Some of the protesters were doing their damndest to stop the work going ahead and failed to heed the warnings of the possible consequences of their actions.

Calling serving policeman Plod and wooden tops says more about you than them

Any protests should be outside the Town Hall and leave the tree surgeons to carry out the necessary work.

The police don’t want to be there but what an outcry there would be if a campaigner got hurt in the felling process.

Some of the protesters were doing their damndest to stop the work going ahead and failed to heed the warnings of the possible consequences of their actions.

Any protests should be outside the Town Hall and leave the tree surgeons to carry out the necessary work.

The police don’t want to be there but what an outcry there would be if a campaigner got hurt in the felling process.

" and leave the tree surgeons to carry out the necessary work" What if the work is unnecessary ? That's the biggest point in all this . The tree protestors aren't trying to stop All tree felling . While they are outside the town hall protesting Amey would be at will to fell healthy trees

Why is that ?

We always called them wooden tops and plod when we were younger ..

The work is NOT necessary what so ever. Its all about the plod protecting the profits of Amey.