Council tree felling...

Guest makapaka
Ever noticed it's the same person who defends the council and Amey over and over again, against anything and everything?

Draw your own conclusions......

Also the same person who never addresses my comments other than to suggest I have some hidden agenda rather than a different opinion.

So far I’ve been accused of being a council employee, amey employee, Labour Party member - none of which are true.

So you believe the police are complicit in this supposed conspiracy - wrongfully arresting protestors and refusing to arrest amey operatives?

Your right I didn’t mention courts but it’s what I meant when I said bringing charges etc.

The police are certainly being selective in which laws they choose to uphold.

This for instance, which has been repeatedly raised with them by the protestors. Whether AMEY have a mitigation license or not, I don't know, but SYP don't seem too keen to find out.

Also the same person who never addresses my comments other than to suggest I have some hidden agenda rather than a different opinion.

So far I’ve been accused of being a council employee, amey employee, Labour Party member - none of which are true.

So any further comments about the arrest situation? Where did he say they people arrested are still under arrest or being charged? You seemed very sure

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 21:27 ----------

This for instance, which has been repeatedly raised with them by the protestors. Whether AMEY have a mitigation license or not, I don't know, but SYP don't seem too keen to find out.

Another interesting comment on the laws they are using to arrest people

Section 87 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 makes it an offence, punishable at up to level 4 on the standard scale (£2500), to drop litter in a public place. For comparison, section 303 of the Highways Act is a level 1 offence (£200 max). So the Amey people leaving cut cable ties around are committing a far more serious offence than the protesters. Will the police start arresting these people?

If it wasn't for the protesters, a LOT more trees would now be gone. As Dave says, felling is now approx 1 tree a week.

At some point SCC and Amey will be stopped- all they have on their side is force- no evidence or reason to back up their insane tree cull operation.

5 labour groups have now distanced themselves from the Labour council, issuing public condemnations of what's going on.

Nationally, more and more groups are becoming aware of what's going on in Sheffield. More and more prominent celebrities are joining calls to end the cull. While celebrity has it's issues, celebrities certainly have huge numbers of contacts, and, therefore power/influence.

When SCC and Amey are stopped, there will, at that point, be hundreds of trees that survived soley due to the actions of the protesters.

I think the majority of Sheffield people are just fed up hearing about it now. Celebrities speak only to promote their own interests, didn't Vernon kay lend his support. Thought I'd not seen him on telly for a while, I wonder why he suddenly spoke up

Birmingham & Liverpool have now rescinded their contracts with AMEY.

We hear that Julie has asked AMEY to renegotiate Sheffield. They told her to do one.

Micheal Keane is assisting some of the citizens of Sheffield to prepare a Peoples Audit.... See below from him...

"Michael Keane's post:

I've satisfied myself that Amey has misreported work and as a result are likely to have been overpaid by many £millions. For reasons best known to themselves some council officers and elected officials are deliberately blocking public scrutiny of that contract - not just the contract but basic management information that should be readily available.

It is coming close to the time where the Auditors should be called in but SCC hold the purse strings and they are the ones blocking public scrutiny.

I would like to propose a full on Citizens Audit of that contract that Auditors KPMG and SCC can't ignore.

Some 800 volunteers support Sheffield libraries. If just 40 people volunteered it would take two days to do a DVI 'Detailed Visual Inspection' (a highways maintenance term) of every street in Sheffield.

SCC are due to write to me on the 14th February but whatever they say actions speak louder than words and I see little of that.

With enough support this could be done over a single weekend - the biggest citizens audit in history.

Over to you"

If the good citizens of this city were to work with SCC and prove the self monitoring contractor AMEY has been over paid (by millions), maybe its time for Julie, Bryan & Jack to back down and take the peace offering. We need to get out of this PFI without paying too much more in fees. Regardless of which side of the fence you are on in this debacle, getting out of the contract now has to be the goal. Why not all work together to achieve this?

True. I haven't worked out how to block, otherwise I would have done too!

Don't block him/her , they would class that as if they had won the argument with you . Better to look at the questions that he/ she will not or cannot answer . Ive asked him/her many questions and only got a question in reply . Speaks volumes

Crime commissioner urges Sheffield Council to find ‘political solution’ to tree-felling row

Crime commissioner Alan Billings has called on Sheffield Council to find a political resolution to the city’s bitter tree-felling dispute as South Yorkshire Police was accused of “a complete waste of resources” after deploying dozens of officers to oversee the latest work.

Guest makapaka
So any further comments about the arrest situation? Where did he say they people arrested are still under arrest or being charged? You seemed very sure

No - I just repeated what was said by David Hartley on radio sheffield this morning- he said there were 9 arrests and investigations are ongoing- so we’ll have to see what happens.

I haven’t said otherwise.

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:05 ----------

Don't block him/her , they would class that as if they had won the argument with you . Better to look at the questions that he/ she will not or cannot answer . Ive asked him/her many questions and only got a question in reply . Speaks volumes

No - you ask me questions no one can answer unless they were party to the contract which I’m not.

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:06 ----------

What do you want the police to do about bats?

Crime commissioner urges Sheffield Council to find ‘political solution’ to tree-felling row

Crime commissioner Alan Billings has called on Sheffield Council to find a political resolution to the city’s bitter tree-felling dispute as South Yorkshire Police was accused of “a complete waste of resources” after deploying dozens of officers to oversee the latest work.

So that's another Labour man pointing the finger at our beloved council :)

Guest makapaka
So that's another Labour man pointing the finger at our beloved council :)

What would you have the police do hackey lad?

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:25 ----------

True. I haven't worked out how to block, otherwise I would have done too!

What would you instruct the police to do?

What would you have the police do hackey lad?

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:25 ----------

What would you instruct the police to do?

Its pretty obvious the police commissioner is not happy with the situation . See how I answered a question , without asking a question

I think the majority of Sheffield people are just fed up hearing about it now. Celebrities speak only to promote their own interests, didn't Vernon kay lend his support. Thought I'd not seen him on telly for a while, I wonder why he suddenly spoke up

Their motivation doesn't matter (although I don't see why they wouldn't be sincere- they are as capable as anyone at seeing stupidity and council corruption in action)- I'm talking about the consequences, which will be, along with all the other factors, that at some point, Amey and SCC will be stopped from culling the trees.

And, when it's stopped, hundreds of trees will survive, soley as a result of our tree protesters slowing down Amey's cull to 1 tree a week.