Are you a hoarder?

Just sorting out some old paperwork, P60s dating back to 2006. Does that make me a hoarder?

2006/7 was a poor year, £7,568, by 2007/8 it was £12,806

Six years ago I had a good clear-out. I also put stuff in carrier-bags, under the notional heading of 'To Be Sorted Later' (TBSL).

Well I haven't looked at the TBSL stuff in six years, so I am now mulling over the idea of one bag per black-bin collection

and NOT looking in the bags.

I have a neighbour who's back garden ( I use the term loosely ) resembles a builders yard and his transit van appears to be a small mobile version of the garden.

One thing that stops me throwing old papers away is the security risk of recycling all te personal information, I should burn it.

Just sorting out some old paperwork, P60s dating back to 2006. Does that make me a hoarder?

2006/7 was a poor year, £7,568, by 2007/8 it was £12,806

One way of getting rid of things (if hoarder and difficult to part) is use a digital camera and photograph things. You could quite easily get an entire house on a little memory stick :)

Every quarterly bank statement going back to 1974 (until a few years ago when they stopped sending them)!

Six years ago I had a good clear-out. I also put stuff in carrier-bags, under the notional heading of 'To Be Sorted Later' (TBSL).

I did that, but used those biodegradable bags Tesco used to have.

After a few years the bags turned into dust and everything returned to the un-organised pile of crap it previously was.

I used to collect cardboard

I worry about you amber.

Move house, it cures being a hoarder as you realise you really can't be bothered to pack up, store and move anything that's not really required or pay the associated costs!

Move house, it cures being a hoarder as you realise you really can't be bothered to pack up, store and move anything that's not really required or pay the associated costs!

Great idea, buy a bigger house ;)

I periodically find a drawer full of stuff (normally when I've lost my wallet or something) which I then go through and throw a lot away.

If I've not used it in a year and didn't remember I even had it, I probably don't need it anymore.