Westways school

What a load of ill informed clap trap.

So why don't you furnish us with some information then if you have some, because all you've contributed so far is two worthless half-liners.

So why don't you furnish us with some information then if you have some, because all you've contributed so far is two worthless half-liners.

Not sure what I need to add to ‘she wasn’t sacked’ maybe ‘SHE WASNT SACKED’ is more helpful?

Tonk’s post...

These school audits and reports aren't really about maintaining or improving pupil achievement.

Should read...

These school audits and reports are really about improving pupil achievement.

The rest of the post is a mixture of opinion which is fine as well as more untruths which are easily dismissed.

What a load of ill informed clap trap.

What a convincing and detailed critique you offer

Thank you.

Not sure what I need to add to ‘she wasn’t sacked’ maybe ‘SHE WASNT SACKED’ is more helpful?

You could have tried "she wasn't sacked, she left on her own accord" or "she wasn't sacked, she is still employed by the school".

She's a good Headteacher. She has turned around the school's she has been at. I've worked with her and she is a consummate professional.

Nearly as good a critique as your 'what a load of ill-informed claptrap' comment about Wonder Boy's post.

Maybe if you could enlighten us as to why you think it's 'claptrap' it would be a start...

Nearly as good a critique as your 'what a load of ill-informed claptrap' comment about Wonder Boy's post.

Maybe if you could enlighten us as to why you think it's 'claptrap' it would be a start...

Hang on... I never said that... Wonder Boy said my comment was claptrap... I said his comment calling my rather too long lament claptrap was a convincing critique... I thought he should have responded to my original pay in more detail and taken on some comments directly.... I suspect t we might agree with each other..

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 20:08 ----------

Worth a watch.....

Dubstep... And education... Very Sheffield

is the last 6mins that pulls it back to topic...

Hang on... I never said that... Wonder Boy said my comment was claptrap... I said his comment calling my rather too long lament claptrap was a convincing critique... I thought he should have responded to my original pay in more detail and taken on some comments directly.... I suspect t we might agree with each other..

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 20:08 ----------

Worth a watch.....

Dubstep... And education... Very Sheffield

is the last 6mins that pulls it back to topic...

Oh dear, my sincere apologies. I got my wires crossed (again..)

Genuine question. What actually happened to Westways? It doesn't seem that long ago that parents were raving about it and were keen to get their kids into it.

Did it really change that much? And if it did, how does that happen?

Was there so much staff turnover that none of the original teachers were left? Did the entire catchment demographic change? The notion of "good" and "bad" primary schools is all a bit odd to my mind.

Genuine question. What actually happened to Westways? It doesn't seem that long ago that parents were raving about it and were keen to get their kids into it.

Did it really change that much? And if it did, how does that happen?

Was there so much staff turnover that none of the original teachers were left? Did the entire catchment demographic change? The notion of "good" and "bad" primary schools is all a bit odd to my mind.

You've hit the nail on the head.

A school can go from 'good' to 'bad' depending on the whim of the OFSTED team. Even though they are guided by criteria it is still way too subjective. Once a school is put in 'Special Measures,' the brown stuff really hits the fan, and if the school wasn't bad before, it soon will be.

'Special Measures' can be draconian and put untold strain on the school / teachers. In an environment which depends a lot on goodwill and give and take, this can be disastrous. A lot of perfectly good teachers leave for pastures new and so things go steadily downhill.

There are bad schools of course, but that is the result of numerous causes, often associated with social problems and poor catchment area, not necessarily bad teaching, and these schools need support, lots of it, and not punishment.

You've hit the nail on the head.

A school can go from 'good' to 'bad' depending on the whim of the OFSTED team. Even though they are guided by criteria it is still way too subjective. Once a school is put in 'Special Measures,' the brown stuff really hits the fan, and if the school wasn't bad before, it soon will be.

'Special Measures' can be draconian and put untold strain on the school / teachers. In an environment which depends a lot on goodwill and give and take, this can be disastrous. A lot of perfectly good teachers leave for pastures new and so things go steadily downhill.

There are bad schools of course, but that is the result of numerous causes, often associated with social problems and poor catchment area, not necessarily bad teaching, and these schools need support, lots of it, and not punishment.

That just sounds like lunacy. But it seems like too many people are buying into it for things to change. I hear a lot of friends berating the amount of homework their primary school aged kids have to do, but at the same time they're convinced that if their child had got into the "wrong" primary school the world would have ended.