Ex Chaucer School pupils

Originally posted by LOWEnBEHOLD

What's your view of crowey??

the best:thumbsup:

What's your view of crowey??

I had to go to his office for a bo^^cking a few times and I remember his amusing assemblies. He was ok, slightly scruffy looking with his hair, pretty good bloke I'd say.

The other science teacher was mr joyce, he was sorted as well

Yes He was great too, he was my physics teacher, and he must have been quite young in those days, he's still a great bloke, must be around 50 now and his hair is white.

Originally posted by katrina

i remember denise bishop and marie marsden very well. they were in the same class as me. were you in the same class as well. surely you must remember mr flemming the english and maths teacher.

my name was walker at the time

Hi I remember Denise & Marie. I left in 1967. Do you remember Roy Ward,or John Chapman?

Originally posted by RoyalRegular

I was there from '63 to '68. I remember Denise Bishop and Marie Marsden too!

Mr Fleming was the looney who used to put his hand through blackboards and doors and came to school on a honda 50. Then there was Mr Cornthwaite, Mr Eadon, Mr Allsop, Mr Wright, Mr Littlewood.......it's all flooding back now!

Have some great memories of Chaucer though but it seems to have taken a bit of a dive in recent years.

I remember all the people you have named.I was there from about 63 to 68 ish...

Originally posted by Caronp

I didnt but some firends of mine did,Simon Dwyer, David Mcarthy

Dean?David wall,Sally Dwyer, do you know any of them?

i remember Sally Dwyer - she had a younger brother, cant remember his name though, i think he went on to play football. i went to chaucer too, my best friends were Marie Rodgers and Jane ??? - lived a few doors down from the entrance on Halifax Road. It would've been around '75 or '76.

sorry to drag this thread up again after a month or so. I was at Chaucer 1993 -1998. Was anyone else there during these 5 years?

Mr Crowe, Mr Fields, Mrs Broadhurst, Mrs Harvey, Mr Glover, Mr Fogg, Mrs Peters, Mrs Sellars ,Mrs Bickerstaff, Mrs Birch. Mr Crane, Mrs Johns, Mr Palmer, Mrs Marsden (who later became Mrs Pollard), Mr Boreham & Mr Wells. Some others there I remember included Mr Parkin (my form teacher), Mrs Radford, Mrs Brown, Mrs Brownlie, Mr Cubberley & Mr Bainbridge. Any of these teachers ring a bell?

Mr Crowe was the best teacher ever - he encouraged my love of literature and i thank him dearly for that - his youth clubs were pretty wonderful too - seeing him dance to tiger feet was unforgettable!!!

yes i'm abit bored tonight so i thought i'd delve deeper into the sheffield forum's post's and found out this one.

I was at chaucer from 1984 to 1988 and hillsborough before that.... i can remember mr crowes boy george impersonation think it went somethin like this.....comma comma comma comma comma the end of term ...and so on..i truly hated mr bainbridge the german teacher he always looked like he was wearing blusher.

Originally posted by katrina

did anyone go to chaucer. i was there from 1963-1967. in the fourth year i was in mr dowsons class. mr newham was deputy head and mr darville was head teacher. mr collinson was the library teacher does that jog anybodys memory.

Katrina

I was there from 1966-69

I do remermber Mr Collinson if I recall correctly he was a tall chap with a moustache and on the portly side.

He ran a dance scholl in the Langsett Rd area.

Other Teachers were Jim Davidson, (Fezz) Parker both Maths. (Pop) Newall was Deputy Head. (Fred) Fleming taught English I beleive.

Pupils I recall are numerous. Glenn Adcock, Mick Henderson, Phil Murphy, Dave Smedley. Lynn Dilks, Susan Clarke, Janice Thwaites.

Do they ring any bells?

My name is Mark Simmonite.

Would you or any other reader be interested in instigated a reunion?

Originally posted by taylor113

hi i went to chaucer. My name is vanessa. i was in mr hawksworths form. it is really wierd because mr field, mr crowe, mrs sellars, mrs bickerstaffe, mr wells, mr fogg and mr craine are all still there.

Hi my name is Mark Simmonite I went to Chaucer from 66-69

Was the Hawksworth to wich you refer a tall chap?

If so I believe that he taught me at Foxhill Junior and Infants school.

What period were you there?

Originally posted by RoyalRegular

I was there from '63 to '68. I remember Denise Bishop and Marie Marsden too!

Mr Fleming was the looney who used to put his hand through blackboards and doors and came to school on a honda 50. Then there was Mr Cornthwaite, Mr Eadon, Mr Allsop, Mr Wright, Mr Littlewood.......it's all flooding back now!

Have some great memories of Chaucer though but it seems to have taken a bit of a dive in recent years.

Fred Fleming Eh? What a character.

Do you recall his battle cry? It was Check three words: Watch it

Missuer!!