Ex Chaucer School pupils

Good I hated school was there in the 80s paul Williamson or wonka I use to nock about with eddy brown RIP pal hottest girl in school Zoe talbot

Anyone remember marcus mayfield ?top lad and a funny guy,sadly he passed away abit bk,i went to colley school,we played footy together for huntsman and plumpers..

Did he have 2 other brothers? One called Darren? If so I was in Darrens class in Chaucer.

To mikebatty

Hi Mike, I`ve come to this thread as I don`t want to impose on the Parkwood Springs one. Your Sue was in my sister`s year at Chaucer and I was just wondering where she`s got to these days. I used to see her pretty often as we lived nearby at Wincobank. We used to talk `caravans` as she had one at Saltfleet I think and ours was at Mablethorpe. Hope she`s well.

To mikebatty

Hi Mike, I`ve come to this thread as I don`t want to impose on the Parkwood Springs one. Your Sue was in my sister`s year at Chaucer and I was just wondering where she`s got to these days. I used to see her pretty often as we lived nearby at Wincobank. We used to talk `caravans` as she had one at Saltfleet I think and ours was at Mablethorpe. Hope she`s well.

Hi Corny.

Sue is doing well thanks.

She is still at Wincobank but, of course , she has retired from work and spends a great deal of time at their caravan which , if Saltfleet is near - I think she said Tattersall - then it is still in the same place .

She spends a lot of time there, either with her grand children or her friends .

Off again this weekend I do believe .

Mablethorpe , I recall ,is one place I visited many years ago , must be nearly 40 years ago when my daughter was very small , so I do not remember it that well . Being in North Yorkshire we spent most our time in Whitby, Filey, Brid. and Scarborough.Even in the afternoons when I finished work early during the school holidays

I will remember you to Sue when I speak to her again .

Good to hear from you and to know you are keeping going and , thanks for contacting.

Hi Corny.

Sue is doing well thanks.

She is still at Wincobank but, of course , she has retired from work and spends a great deal of time at their caravan which , if Saltfleet is near - I think she said Tattersall - then it is still in the same place .

She spends a lot of time there, either with her grand children or her friends .

Off again this weekend I do believe .

Mablethorpe , I recall ,is one place I visited many years ago , must be nearly 40 years ago when my daughter was very small , so I do not remember it that well . Being in North Yorkshire we spent most our time in Whitby, Filey, Brid. and Scarborough.Even in the afternoons when I finished work early during the school holidays

I will remember you to Sue when I speak to her again .

Good to hear from you and to know you are keeping going and , thanks for contacting.

Thanks for that Mike. Yes, now you`ve jogged my memory it is Tattersall. I think I remember her saying she goes to Donna Nook at Saltfleet to see the seals in the cold season. Glad she`s well and I`ll look out for her in the bleak mid winter when she`s more likely to be in Sheffield.:P By the way, I don`t think you know who I am so just tell her I`m Jackie Savoury`s friend and that Jackie has moved to Chapeltown. Thanks.

Only just found this thread ... I am 57 so was at Chaucer from 68-73 .I use to hang around with Karina Leary (sadly deceased ) Elaine Burgon .Names I remember Janet starr ,Janet Price ,Catherine Arnold ,Angela Atherton ,Andrew McGee ,Stephen Camm ,David James David Taylor .Tina Booth ,Ann Crapper David Clarke,Andrew King ,Julie Greaves ,Elaine Rhodes to name but a few . Does anyone have any school pics form these years? Mr Crowe was a brilliant teacher !!!

I went to The original Chaucer when it first opened, prior to that I was at Parkside road school. I left Chaucer when I was 15 in 1959. I used to live on Tanfield Road, my best friend was Lynn Deakin who lived on Grant road. We used to knock about with Lynn's cousin Walt Mccreath, in fact he was my first 'boy friend'... Ahhhh, young love, so sweet. Simple snogs in dark entries!

There was Barry Bishop, went out with him at one time. Roy Turton, Martin Phelan, Mike Battles, plus many more who's names I've forgotten. My name was Jacqueline Campbell then. Some of you younger members may remember my brother Ian Campbell, he's ten years younger than me.

I'm writing my autobiography and would love to hear from anyone from that era.

My father in law is Barry bishop he now lives in Spain

Barry was my best pal between ages of about 11 yrs and 18yrs, please give him my regards next time you talk.

Which area of Spain did he move to?

I was there 1969 - 1974

First form Teacher was a Mr Bellamy, I also had Mr Flemming and Mr Crowe as form teachers.

I remember Mr Cornthwaite he taught us Maths, a Mr Knight taught us woodwork & tech drawing, he used to reek of old spice aftershave!! He was a bit volatile as I remember, discipline was usually handled by the assistant head

Mr Newsom but Knight decided to cane a lad in the class ended up bruising his thumb with the cane and the parents came into school! I had Flemming for English (he also did gardening) I agree with those who said he was firm but fair and I learned more english in the year with him than in any other class, that said I enjoyed Ross Crowe's english class enormously! Mr Flemming once cracked a desktop with his fist in one of our lessons I believe he had limited feeling in one of his hands...certainly made an impression!!!

Old pupils in my year

Neville Rogers, Susan Kelly, Greer Stubbs, Cath Ashall, Michael Battersby, Darrell Swanson to name a few!

Hi I remember nearly all these names, Susan Kelly used to sit behind me in Mr Crowes class in 1H1. Maths teachers I remember though were Davidson, Outram, Helliwell and Littlewood.

Barry was my best pal between ages of about 11 yrs and 18yrs, please give him my regards next time you talk.

What's your name? He's here on holiday at min goes back Monday

---------- Post added 10-05-2014 at 15:30 ----------

He lives near javea

Hi I remember nearly all these names, Susan Kelly used to sit behind me in Mr Crowes class in 1H1. Maths teachers I remember though were Davidson, Outram, Helliwell and Littlewood.

Yes I remember all those teachers but none of the pupils names !

What's your name? He's here on holiday at min goes back Monday

---------- Post added 10-05-2014 at 15:30 ----------

He lives near javea

Just been talking to Barry after 50 years, please send me a private message with his Spanish address so that I can send him some photo's, kind regards, Roy