Ex Chaucer School pupils

Originally posted by Herbert

The Crowe must have been there for getting on for nearly 30 years he was there when i was at chaucer (81-85). It was quite a good school then with a sixth form, I hear it has gone down the pan somewhat since then.

i remember mr crowe doing a boy george song one summer b4 we broke up, makeup the lot, best teacher there! 81-86:clap:

Originally posted by honeyplanet

hey I think I was in the year above you in ann sellars form..

me too :P

My other half went to Chaucer 81-86

Anyone know John Bramall?

I went to chaucer,

around 81 - 85.

Mr Boreham, Mr Joyce(physics and ran chess club) , Miss Morby(Later Mrs Brabham), Mr Goodier (fab music teacher a.k.a. Mr Bristles) Mr Wasteny (crazy pottery/art and banjo player) Mr Bell (nasty head teacher but fantastic english teacher) Miss Hayes(later Mrs Morton? MY maths teacher set 1) Mr wilshaw (Computer teacher and cornet player) Mr parsons (woodwork and church pipe organ enthusiast) Mr Rain (diminutive music teacher) Mr Morton (mr hippy, my mate used to sell him cigars!) Mr glover (Geography and Drumkit Player) Mr Leighton Games teacher, Mr hardy (rock hard older games teacher!) Mr Guest(Phil collins look alike, used to give pop quizzes and play music and told occasional dirty jokes) Mrs safar (sour faced french teacher) Mr wells (Biology teacher who used to alternate between a silly baby voice and a shouting at the top of his lungs voice- ought to be in little britain)

Mr Joyce lives in woodseats now, and I am on first name terms with him these days, and I have a good laugh and a beer with him sometimes when we meet again in local pubs.

I was at chaucer from 82/83' season to 86/87' season, the names Jason Lowe, those of you who went to Chaucer from Southey Green will remember me as Jason Carr, Carey to my friends.

I started in the 1st year and was a fusty funder to those of you who remember the eccentric Mrs Sutherland.

For me Mr Crowe was the main man, and Mr Wells was.....well I won't say. Had many a run in with that man!!!!

Who remembers playing Aston Comp @ rugby.

Every team ended up fighting, and as a 2nd year put shame to their 4th year ****.

The most fanciable girl in my year was Nicola Donahore, last I saw of her was working in netto's, sheff lane top.

still see the old gang, Melvyn Christian, Rob Stancil, Brett Johnson.

If anyone does remember me, drop me a line..:thumbsup:

in reply to muddycoffee regarding mr hardy, he was a fag always watching you in the showers.

Mr guest taught my class R.E but we always turned it into sex ed, but a sorted guy

mr page was my maths/computer teacher, not hard to miss him as his chin ran into his neck, hence the nickname no-chin.

Mr bainbridge taught home economics and what a pregnant goldfish he was

most teachers were sound some better, some worse but the true B******s stood out a mile.

But once again i'll say that the top man was Crowey, even though he is a blade lol

Originally posted by LOWEnBEHOLD

I was at chaucer from 82/83' season to 86/87' season, the names Jason Lowe,

Who remembers playing Aston Comp @ rugby.

Every team ended up fighting, and as a 2nd year put shame to their 4th year ****.

?? i went to chaucer and also played rugby for them 81-86?? who was your from teacher, mine was Mrs Paynes...

i think i was a year above you...? did you know anyone called Mclean?

You know ive been racking my brain since you asked. And for the life of me I can't remember his name, in the second & third year my form was 2f2 and 3f2. and the first yr teacher was definitely mrs sutherland the eccentric scot.

Joe 90 ( mr boreham ) was science along with Mr (i'll slam the desk down hard) Palmer

maths were mr page

re was guesty

if you were the year above you'd have been in the same year as richard walker,Mark smith,jason stancil etc.

I stood out at chaucer as i were 6'4' way back then in the 2nd year

pm'd you...lowenbehold

i was in form 2M2 and so on...

pm not come through, tried sending one but the admin say i need to have 5 posts before i have that capability.

and you have blocked personals

Hi LOWEnBEHOLD

you will be in the same year as my little brother Nick. I was two school years older. Reply to this post and you will be one post away from having PMs [personal messages] and welcome to the forum. :clap:

I was in Mr Boreham's form class in 2o2 and 2o3 and I did Chemistry with him. I understand he was a public school educated boy, and I remember him having trouble communicating with some of the more difficult/troublesome people in our year to a some degree.. In my adult life I have had a friend like this who had a public school education, and I recognise very similar attitudes and now understand much better how he was in those times and how I got the wrong end of the stick about his attitude and motivations. It would be good to meet him again and say hello..

I am not complaining about him, I just found him a little confusing. But being brought up in hillsborough and sent to chaucer for my secondary education [same as Madowl] I didn't come across many people like him.

I still see him from time to time, usually as i'm passing the train or bus station. He still does loads of bike riding and mountain/hill climbing. Our nickname for him was joe 90, cos he talked and walked like the puppet joe 90, loved his lessons though, nearly blew up the science lab with washing up bottles in his lesson. The other science teacher was mr joyce, he was sorted as well, Mr Palmer weren't to bad but them desks didn't half make a racket when he slammed them down, or even the chalk board rubber flying at your head lol.....though were the days :hihi: