Ex Chaucer School pupils

Halifax building was a dump when i went to Chaucer

Classrooms freezing in winter, red hot in summer, long corridors to get to classrooms. then had to face mr Fleming. Mr new ham was the headmaster when I was there. happy days.

Hi I'm formerly Ann hall went to Chaucer anyone know Maureen flood or Lorna wragg

Hi I'm part of the Chaucer school group I'm an expat my name was Ann hall former freinds Lorna wragg Maureen flood Elaine unwin

Edited by Groose

Hi I'm part of the Chaucer school group I'm an expat my name was Ann hall former freinds Lorna wragg Maureen flood Elaine unwin

Lorna wragg, freckles from shiregreen?

On 5/7/2014 at 4:14 PM, autumn said:

Only just found this thread ... I am 57 so was at Chaucer from 68-73 .I use to hang around with Karina Leary (sadly deceased ) Elaine Burgon .Names I remember Janet starr ,Janet Price ,Catherine Arnold ,Angela Atherton ,Andrew McGee ,Stephen Camm ,David James David Taylor .Tina Booth ,Ann Crapper David Clarke,Andrew King ,Julie Greaves ,Elaine Rhodes to name but a few . Does anyone have any school pics form these years? Mr Crowe was a brilliant teacher !!!

What is your name?

Did  not go to Chaucer but went on a school camping holiday to Glencoe in 1965 there were mainly other lads from Chaucer and Marcliffe. I was the only one from Myers Grove. I only remember one lad Billy McCall was on Wednesdays books and was treat like a star by the teacher who was from Chaucer.  Anyone know any others that went.

Hi there. I was at Chaucer from 1970-78. Did my A Levels there in the sixth form. Anyone here from that time?

Hi. I can’t remember much about my time there, but the names of the teachers jogged my memory and I can remember some of them

i can remember it been like 2 schools 1st,2nd,3rd years at halifax rd side and 4th, 5th and 6th forms at wordsworth  side! i can remember some of the teachers mr crowe,mr wragg, mr flemming..i can remember the ticket machine where you got tickets for your dinner!

knew anne hall

probably is that lorna

Hi

Steve S, Chaucer School 1968 to 1975

A few distant but vivid memories. Thanks everyone for posting.

Friends/students/classmates I remember: Graham Swift, Dave Clarke, Andrew Hartley, Richard Marsh (parents ran the off licence on Fox Hill Road), Mark Heritage, Paul Leggitt, Philip Pont, Janet Armitage, Sharon Leeks, Janet Price, Cheryl Towl, Terry Beech, Angela Withers (parents ran the sweet shop down from Wadsley Bridge), Linda Renshaw, Hilary Downing, Jaqueline Wainwright, Stephen 'Jon' Melia, Chris Hiles, Clinton Booker, Catherine Ashall (Bunkers Hill fish and chips), Lynn Booth, Andrew McGee, Paul Hanson, Garfield Hardisty. A lot of us had Saturday jobs at the Gateway supermarket-25p an hour- on Halifax road and we always gave a push to the disabled guy in the pedal cart painted in Sheffield Wednesday colours. I recall the death of Karina Leary who was in my class.

I stayed to do A levels and we organised discos at the place under the Black Swan in the city centre: 'The Merry...?' Anyone remember them?

I remember Ross Crowe and can remember being in plays he produced. Oh what a Lovely War and Oliver. Amazing performances from the inspiration the guy gave to us all. Peter Costello took us up to the school farm. Tech drawing with Mr. Knight who got off with the girls pe teacher. Metalwork; Mr Wallace and Mr Swithainbank. I hated English but Mrs. Thomson put up with me and I just managed to scrape through. Maths, Outram, Helliwell and Davidson early on. Chemistry with Mr. Palmer who lived on Carrville drive and Miss Linley.

Do post back if this jogs any memories. Cheers.

Edited by alacant