Ex Chaucer School pupils

I remember that lol. I was there from 94-99 and that story became legend lol

I likely know you, I was there at the same time.

Ross is great!

I was there 1969 - 1974

First form Teacher was a Mr Bellamy, I also had Mr Flemming and Mr Crowe as form teachers.

I remember Mr Cornthwaite he taught us Maths, a Mr Knight taught us woodwork & tech drawing, he used to reek of old spice aftershave!! He was a bit volatile as I remember, discipline was usually handled by the assistant head

Mr Newsom but Knight decided to cane a lad in the class ended up bruising his thumb with the cane and the parents came into school! I had Flemming for English (he also did gardening) I agree with those who said he was firm but fair and I learned more english in the year with him than in any other class, that said I enjoyed Ross Crowe's english class enormously! Mr Flemming once cracked a desktop with his fist in one of our lessons I believe he had limited feeling in one of his hands...certainly made an impression!!!

Old pupils in my year

Neville Rogers, Susan Kelly, Greer Stubbs, Cath Ashall, Michael Battersby, Darrell Swanson to name a few!

Hi Smileyjiver, did you know a Malc Wood who went out with Rita Rhodes for a while he married a girl Dylis Gannon and I'm trying to locate him as we used to knock about with each other but I lost touch with him some 30+ years ago, I left Chaucer in 63', I got to know Rita quite well but lost touch with her when I got married. Hope you can help.

Regards Ray Frith

everybody remembers marcus mayfield of cross what a lad and his sidkick what was he called something like mouse or ratbecause of his front teeth

It was ferret...jason perret,nowt to do with his teeth.

It was ferret...jason perret,nowt to do with his teeth.

No that not him his first name was Nigel he was called rat because of his front teeth Jason Perret hung around with stancills gulley n daz nthat

Hi,just read your thread , what memories , I didnt go to Chaucer as I left Parkside rd. in 57 but Ido remember Mr. Harding , we used to get him talking about the war probably for the rest of the lesson. He talked about Popskies private army most of the time . He once told us he was hit on the head by shrapnell ,one boy disputed this so he called him out and made him feel the hollow in the top of his head .wonderfull memories thanks.

That must have been only one of his many story's he told .

He told us one of how he had an accident falling from his pushbike- showing off trying to impress a young woman.

Does anyone remember Mr Thorpe the history teacher. I thought he was lovely looking. I also remember Mr Flemming. I use to be terrified of him. I don't think he was fit to be a teacher.

I went to The original Chaucer when it first opened, prior to that I was at Parkside road school. I left Chaucer when I was 15 in 1959. I used to live on Tanfield Road, my best friend was Lynn Deakin who lived on Grant road. We used to knock about with Lynn's cousin Walt Mccreath, in fact he was my first 'boy friend'... Ahhhh, young love, so sweet. Simple snogs in dark entries!

There was Barry Bishop, went out with him at one time. Roy Turton, Martin Phelan, Mike Battles, plus many more who's names I've forgotten. My name was Jacqueline Campbell then. Some of you younger members may remember my brother Ian Campbell, he's ten years younger than me.

I'm writing my autobiography and would love to hear from anyone from that era.

I went to The original Chaucer when it first opened, prior to that I was at Parkside road school. I left Chaucer when I was 15 in 1959. I used to live on Tanfield Road, my best friend was Lynn Deakin who lived on Grant road. We used to knock about with Lynn's cousin Walt Mccreath, in fact he was my first 'boy friend'... Ahhhh, young love, so sweet. Simple snogs in dark entries!

There was Barry Bishop, went out with him at one time. Roy Turton, Martin Phelan, Mike Battles, plus many more who's names I've forgotten. My name was Jacqueline Campbell then. Some of you younger members may remember my brother Ian Campbell, he's ten years younger than me.

I'm writing my autobiography and would love to hear from anyone from that era.

Hi .

Was you the young lass who got her fingers trapped in the doorway at one time ?

A friend of Jean Wood .

That is the only Jaquie that I remember .

If not , Good luck with your auto..

Hi .

Was you the young lass who got her fingers trapped in the doorway at one time ?

A friend of Jean Wood .

That is the only Jaquie that I remember .

If not , Good luck with your auto..

Yes, that was me Mike, someone slammed the door shut as a joke to lock me in the cupboard. No one realised my fingers were trapped. Can't remember you Mike, who did you knock about with?

Thanks for your good wishes re book. I've already won a silver quill award for best opening chapters. Barnsley Chronicle has been interviewing me and giving lots of exposure and pictures. I live the north west side of Penistone, just before the Woodhead pass.

Yes, that was me Mike, someone slammed the door shut as a joke to lock me in the cupboard. No one realised my fingers were trapped. Can't remember you Mike, who did you knock about with?

Thanks for your good wishes re book. I've already won a silver quill award for best opening chapters. Barnsley Chronicle has been interviewing me and giving lots of exposure and pictures. I live the north west side of Penistone, just before the Woodhead pass.

Jax1

Thought your name rang a bell .

I was from one of the more insignificant little areas ; Parkwood springs, and was at Hillfoot prior to Chaucer.

We were not one of the more imposing contingencies in attendance . Not like Hillsborough and Phill'y.

I live in North Yorkshire and have done so for the past thirtyfive years +; .

There is an irony there however. Prior to that I lived in Bradwell .Just over the hills from where you are now .

But , Hey-You sound as if you are doing really well for yourself .

" Good on yer " .

It is always good to hear of someone you knew in the past is famous , crafted out of their own ability.

Well done you and, Good luck for your future.

Jax1

I was from one of the more insignificant little areas ; Parkwood springs, and was at Hillfoot prior to Chaucer.

We were not one of the more imposing contingencies in attendance . Not like Hillsborough and Phill'y.

There is an irony there however. Prior to that I lived in Bradwell .Just over the hills from where you are now .

" Good on yer " .

It is always good to hear of someone you knew in the past is famous , crafted out of their own ability.

Thanks Mike. Roy's been in touch and he has some memories for me. So if you can remember any incidents I'd be pleased to hear them.

Regards, Jackie.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 09:54 ----------

Jax1

" Good on yer " .

Thanks Mike. Roy's been in touch and he has some memories for me. So if you can remember any incidents I'd be pleased to hear them.

Regards, Jackie.