Ex Chaucer School pupils

my father in law is barry bishop as someone mentioned in an earlier post he can remember all the lads you mentioned

Can he remember the girls also?

He was such a big hearthrob at school my sister used to go crazy over him.

we used to sleep together as kids and I got sick of hearing about this boy she had a crush on. . . Barry Bishop.

All the girls were mad about him but I didn't understand then because I was younger.

Can he remember the girls also?

He was such a big hearthrob at school my sister used to go crazy over him.

we used to sleep together as kids and I got sick of hearing about this boy she had a crush on. . . Barry Bishop.

All the girls were mad about him but I didn't understand then because I was younger.

Lol whats your sisters name ill ask him. His lads are the same now like they say like father like son

There were three in the school at the same time leaving one after the other over a few years.

Paul Haggyard was called Haggis he knocked about with Ian Phillips and left school about 1980.

I left Chaucer (5th form) in 1987 and stayed on for one year in CPVE based in the clinic. I'm Karen Rawson. Anyone remember me? Went past in car recently and sad to think of Asda in grounds and no more lower school :-(

i remember denise bishop and marie marsden very well. they were in the same class as me. were you in the same class as well. surely you must remember mr flemming the english and maths teacher.

my name was walker at the time

I remember Fleming. He had twin boys. He used to smash his artificial fist through desks.

I was at Chaucer from the first term it opened,we went there from Hillsborough junior school aged 11yrs and i am now 61 although i still am very young at heart.

Some teachers names from then Were Mr. Darvill the head and Mr Newham who i think came from Hillsborough and the notorious Mr. Popple who once gave us a punishment essay to write called "Manners maketh man" for being late consistently anyway none of us did it and we were caned until one of the lads brought his dad up who sorted the teacher out.

School mates as follows, Barry Bishop, Dave Hunston,Roger Cade,Walt Mcreath, (Custard) malcolm Mackenzie,Rodney McNamara, Pete Swann, Mick Battles,Dennis Riley.

By god we had some fun and in fairness although times were hard allround I feel lookin back it must have been worthwhile

cause I,ve had a reight good life and done well out of it all.

I too was at Chaucer from the beginning, I came up from Philadelphia. I'm suprised to hear your story of Mr. Popple, I always found him a fair and friendly teacher. He emigrated to Canada (Nanaimo, B.C.) and taught there. He died a few years ago.

what about mr davidson..... every body says about mr crowe in my eyes mr davidson was as cool

Jim Davidson was ace! I was in Fez Parkers grade 1 maths class and deliberately flunked exams so as to be in Jim's class

I remember Fleming. He had twin boys. He used to smash his artificial fist through desks.

Don't beleive it was a prosthetic hand' just that he had no nerves in it!

i remember denise bishop and marie marsden very well. they were in the same class as me. were you in the same class as well. surely you must remember mr flemming the english and maths teacher.

my name was walker at the time

Do you remember Kathleen (Kathy) Matthews she was friends with Marie & Denise.

I was there from '63 to '68. I remember Denise Bishop and Marie Marsden too!

Mr Fleming was the looney who used to put his hand through blackboards and doors and came to school on a honda 50. Then there was Mr Cornthwaite, Mr Eadon, Mr Allsop, Mr Wright, Mr Littlewood.......it's all flooding back now!

Have some great memories of Chaucer though but it seems to have taken a bit of a dive in recent years.

You were in the same year I think as Kathleen( Kathy) Matthews there from 1963-1967 do you remember her?

old billy bassham,used to rock backwards and forwards on his heels,shrug his shoulders,lick his chalk and write on the board,then wonder why you were laughing.....roy dero once piped up "Chalky".......silence,old billy turned round and shouted "What did you just say Dero?" To which roy replied "Sir,I was talking to Him" and pointed to nev hutchinson(a black kid) sat at the other side of the class.......cue much laughter,even old Billy allowed himself a smile.

i used to go to school with tina dero

LEE PICKFORD???DOES HE HAVE A SISTER WHO WORKED AT BRAMALLS GOLD ROOM???

He did indeed! Sarah.