Chip pan alleys in sheffield

some people are calling greenhill /bocking lane the chip pan alley of s8,with loads of takeaways,cafes ect.i think this unfair,do other shopping areas have this problem?

The chip pan alley in Sheffield has never done the area any harm, in fact in the current climate of an ever increasing fast food culture..If anything surely it is economically advantageous to have such a title. Whilst "fast food" is frowned upon in certain circles, this doesn't seem to be impacting the market as a whole because it is still booming. Take Skegness for example, businesses desperate to locate themselves close to the chip pan alley because of the obvious footfall.

As a whole it is an heavily saturated market with some form of fast food / takeaway outlet within a radius of all of us... I was always under the impression that chip fan alley actually referred to multiple fish & chip shops as opposed to multiple takeaways anyway. So unless there are a good few chippies, technically it is a false title..and anyway if it referred to takeaways as a whole, I am sure the area would fall way behind the likes of West Street, London Road etc etc.

The chip pan alley in Sheffield has never done the area any harm, in fact in the current climate of an ever increasing fast food culture..If anything surely it is economically advantageous to have such a title. Whilst "fast food" is frowned upon in certain circles, this doesn't seem to be impacting the market as a whole because it is still booming. Take Skegness for example, businesses desperate to locate themselves close to the chip pan alley because of the obvious footfall.

As a whole it is an heavily saturated market with some form of fast food / takeaway outlet within a radius of all of us... I was always under the impression that chip fan alley actually referred to multiple fish & chip shops as opposed to multiple takeaways anyway. So unless there are a good few chippies, technically it is a false title..and anyway if it referred to takeaways as a whole, I am sure the area would fall way behind the likes of West Street, London Road etc etc.

And the Wicker

Crookes main road 3 chip shops

Birley Spa Lane Shops is just a row of takeaways. It's vile, no wonder we have an obesity problem in this country. And to top it off most of them sell halal meat which is beyond cruel. :loopy:

Birley Spa Lane Shops is just a row of takeaways. It's vile, no wonder we have an obesity problem in this country. And to top it off most of them sell halal meat which is beyond cruel. :loopy:

Here we go!

they are now I have heard opening a kebab takeaway as well at greenhill,it doesn't bother me,but 2 cafes,a kebab house,a take-away,a Chinese,a indian and a chippy all on bocking lane and westwick road,it must bring down the area though ,with smells,rubbish ect,nice to eat for many but in such a built up area.

they are now I have heard opening a kebab takeaway as well at greenhill,it doesn't bother me,but 2 cafes,a kebab house,a take-away,a Chinese,a indian and a chippy all on bocking lane and westwick road,it must bring down the area though ,with smells,rubbish ect,nice to eat for many but in such a built up area.

It's because people are too lazy to cook, these days.

And the Wicker

Spital Hill also.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Some of that fast food can give me epileptic seizure.

God knows how they make money.