Has the Premiership got boring?

You will have enjoyed last nights match with Arsenal and Liverpool then both teams attacking Liverpool could have been 3 up at halftime

Nothing boring about tonights game. entertaining, goals a plenty, end to end football.

Was a good game to watch and the Scousers could have won 8-6.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Everton v Chelsea match.

At home in front of 40 000 fans,Everton played with a single striker with their other nine outfield players mostly defending 20 yards in front of their penalty box.

Parking the bus at home is shameful for a club the size of Everton.

Five of the big six play attacking football,and it's only when the big six play each other that we get to watch attacking football.

Rule changes need to be made......and soon.

Defensive football is boring to watch.

Edited by MAC33

At home in front of 40 000 fans,Everton played with a single striker with their other nine outfield players mostly defending 20 yards in front of their penalty box.

Five of the big six play attacking football,and it's only when the big six play each other that we get to watch attacking football.

Yes I agree with you. This morning I saw live (well the second half, as I got up late) Man City-Bournemouth and I thought Bournemouth had 14 players on the field and all of them in their own half, with the defenders (?) kicking everything that moved, or didn't- Losing away to the current Manchester City team is hardly a disgrace but Eddie Howe as the new bright type English club manger ? Come on ! The Cherries need another first team goalie too, perhaps they have a ladies team , whose 'keeper' if above 5' 5'' would be better.

Edited by stpetre
add

Why do we need to change the rules?

Defensive football has been around since the 60's - remember the "catenaccio" that Inter Milsn used to play with a sweeper and lone striker?

It's up to the other teams to come up with systems to beat those defensive sides - been done before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catenaccio

I read the report of the Newcastle v Man. City match - 22 percent possession!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42410914

Are Man,City really that good?

More likely Newcastle showed far too much respect to them.

Had they played higher up the pitch they very likely would have had a lot more possession and created more chances.

Negativity is everywhere in the EPL when playing the big six.

Strange how when England fail to beat defensive teams in international matches its the attacking teams fault(i.e England)

Yet when it appears to be some one elses club the allegations are of being boring as a defensive unit.

If i was a Newcastle fan i'd take great heart from the fact we only lost 1-0, goal difference could matter.

This year is the first that I've been bored watching most EPL matches.

Were both teams willing to have a go I'm sure my previous enthusiasm for watching would return.

As it stands at the moment - I switch on for the first 20 minutes or so and if it's the same usual park the bus tactics against the big six - then i turn off.

I read the report of the Newcastle v Man. City match - 22 percent possession!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42410914

Are Man,City really that good?

More likely Newcastle showed far too much respect to them.

Had they played higher up the pitch they very likely would have had a lot more possession and created more chances.

Negativity is everywhere in the EPL when playing the big six.

How on earth can Newcastle stay higher up the pitch when a juggernaut is attacking them full blast?