Natwest to close 197 branches, 5 in Sheffield.

Just been reading the article below from todays Mirror, Natwest are to close 197 branches by the middle of next year costing 680 jobs. What about all the people that are not able to use Internet banking, particularly the elderly what will they do when their local branch closes.

Five of those closures are in Sheffield.

Broomhill

FirthPark

Hillsborough

Millhouses

Woodseats

Plus Stocksbridge and Peniistone.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/astonishing-197-natwest-62-rbs-11618534

You can use the post office to carry out banking for natwest anyway so just use post office instead.

It seems to me the north of England list is mainly Yorkshire, Humberside and the North East. Doesn't seem to be many closures in Greater Manchester, Merseyside and the rest of the North west.

This thread is like when Woolworths closed.

People bemoaning the loss of a local bank on the high street yet probably can't remember the last time you went into it for something you couldn't do on the computer or your 'phone.

its a disgrace to close all these branchs down ,but its the modern way I suppose.

The Woodseats branch was the one customers of the Dronfield branch were advised to use following Dronfield's closure in October. Another smack in the teeth for NatWest clustomers.

My thoughts are this ìt is so so wrong to take away the choice from the general public.

Whether it is for personal use or someone running a business like myself.

If people want to use on line banking that's great good for them but not everyone wants to.

We are been dictated to and forced into a corner as usual at the expense to the general public.

There will be a point where technology rules the world whether we like it or not.

My thoughts are this ìt is so so wrong to take away the choice from the general public.

Whether it is for personal use or someone running a business like myself.

If people want to use on line banking that's great good for them but not everyone wants to.

We are been dictated to and forced into a corner as usual at the expense to the general public.

There will be a point where technology rules the world whether we like it or not.

Since when have Banks considered the general public of any importance....

Since when have Banks considered the general public of any importance....

Exactly they never have I agree

You can use the post office to carry out banking for natwest anyway so just use post office instead.

theyre closing all those too now, none of the villages round here now have one, we had a mobile one for a while but even thats gone, if i want to get someat weighed itl cost me £6 for a bus ride to go do it

This situation is becoming a bit of a nightmare for my husband. Like many small business owners he deals largely in cash, and needs to make regular deposits so as not to keep too much money on the premises. He's already having to drive halfway across the city to get to his bank (which is not Natwest, but another 'big name' bank which is closing local branches). Having spoken to other small traders, I know he's far from alone. What are people in his position supposed to do?

the answers simple switch bank to the one close to you.

your letting the closing bank know your feelings and in most cases picking up £200 for switching

I have to use the Hillsborough branch about once a month and get fed up of queing for up to 15 minutes because they are so busy which dosn't make sense why they are closing .