Are SCC/Amey out of control?

For reference that quote wasn't mine, I didn't type it. The quote thing seems to be playing up.

You're correct neeeeeeeeeek. I hope it settles down. I will double check it next time.

Nobody is arguing against the fact that a small number of trees needed removing.

You know what, I think some are.

Hello,

Read this:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lawlessness-on-the-streets-of-sheffield_us_5a204367e4b064ca3c15130b

and am interested in what peoples opinions are. Is this exaggerating things to gain traction for the tree campaign or are AMEY really out of control now?

Amey are ruling Sheffield like a Despots ,trees ,street lighting ,road repairs,, all questions and requests regarding any of these matters,, are all totally ignored, regardless of how many "roads " you go down to get at them .There must be a higher authority ,NOT Sheffield council.. who have made this mega rod for the people of Sheffield,,,who can stop this take over of our city .Maybe it's time for a NEW council,,, and it's members be selected by the people who pay their wages,, US.! Rather like the situation when 10 million pounds were "lost " Money collected from rate payers ,should be spent on the city, not salted away in some foreign country.

You know what, I think some are.

Well that should be easy to solve, quote those people, or just ask them straight out.

Guest makapaka
Amey are ruling Sheffield like a Despots ,trees ,street lighting ,road repairs,, all questions and requests regarding any of these matters,, are all totally ignored, regardless of how many "roads " you go down to get at them .There must be a higher authority ,NOT Sheffield council.. who have made this mega rod for the people of Sheffield,,,who can stop this take over of our city .Maybe it's time for a NEW council,,, and it's members be selected by the people who pay their wages,, US.! Rather like the situation when 10 million pounds were "lost " Money collected from rate payers ,should be spent on the city, not salted away in some foreign country.

Ha ha!! “Take over of our city”

A highway firm doing the roads up and replacing 0.0025% of the city’s trees......

Ha ha!! “Take over of our city”

A highway firm doing the roads up and replacing 0.0025% of the city’s trees......

They're cutting down nearly 20% of street trees and replacing some of them with saplings.

Roadside trees specifically you mean, not 20% of all the trees in Sheffield.

We should "live so long" as to see them grow,that is ,if they get the chance .Saplings are a prime target for vandals.

Well that should be easy to solve, quote those people, or just ask them straight out.

The writer of post 130, for example. Not stated explicitly, but that's the impression I get.

There was another thread about a particular tree in Netheredge with a very narrow footpath caused by the size of the tree trunk. Posters on that thread were keen to keep the tree despite the fact it would make wheelchair access very difficult.

They're cutting down nearly 20% of street trees and replacing some of them with saplings.

The use of 'saplings' as a criticism is getting a bit boring now. What do you expect them to replace them with, fully grown trees?

It's good that they're replacing them with saplings, they'll last longer.

Elton John explains it well in Lion King

The use of 'saplings' as a criticism is getting a bit boring now. What do you expect them to replace them with, fully grown trees?

No, we are merely pointing out that

1) if mature trees are cut down, it will be many years (beyond the lifetime of many people) before that street recovers its full glory.

2) Many mature trees are being unnecessarily being cut down.

3) It is certainly possible (although at greater expense) for new trees to be more mature than a spindly sapling, although obviously not fully mature.

4) Many saplings will not make it to maturity.

5) SCC's PR glibly refers to "tree replacement" etc, as if streets will thus experience no detriment. Referring to saplings is just a way of balancing out that propaganda.

The modifying of other people's quotes is not allowed. The original post doing this and any in the quote train after have now been removed.