Are SCC/Amey out of control?

What is Corbyn saying about this exactly?

In the context of this I don't know if he's said anything pertinent, has he?

I'm sure if he has you will ferret it out and let us all know.

The trees, the anti-car stance, the ludicrous anti-business stance, those things for me are the biggest problems. But they actually demonstrate is that the council think they aren't accountable to the people of Sheffield. They've shown that with the dawn raids, the police enforcement and the court action against their own councillors.

They need putting in their place. They work FOR US. Not the other way around.

Hallelujah :thumbsup:

Maybe I should stand as a councillor. I'm only concerned that "evidence lead policy" won't be a popular stance.

In the context of this I don't know if he's said anything pertinent, has he?

I'm sure if he has you will ferret it out and let us all know.

Of course hes said nothing ,he does not need to, its a labour stronghold , same as hes said nothing about Omara

Of course hes said nothing ,he does not need to, its a labour stronghold , same as hes said nothing about Omara

Hasn't Jarad O'Mara been suspended from the Labour party?

Yeah, lets just vote someone else in, so they can blame Labour for anything and everything they can't resolve, just like they do already.

Public displeasure over the Graves Park/St Lukes debacle probably cost Labour their Council majority in the not too distant past.

Yet they STILL "labour" under the false misapprehension that they are untouchable.

In answer to the OP - yes they are both out of control (and both habitually hide behind one another when asked questions by the public). And this is from someone who thinks the trees should go and be replaced by ones of appropriate nature and size, so I've no axe to grind (pardon the pun). But even I think the Endcliffe Park nighttime raid was disgraceful.

Oh, and by the way, when I emailed the council because disabled people couldn't get past a tree on my road, I got the reply that access for the disabled couldn't be taken in to consideration when choosing which trees were felled or retained. THEN, I read in The Star, on the front page, a letter to the residents of Ecclesall, that they shouldn't be so selfish and they should think of disabled people - from our very own council!!! It seems they will argue both sides of the coin when it suits them!

Edited by Lex Luthor

Yeah, lets just vote someone else in, so they can blame Labour for anything and everything they can't resolve, just like they do already.

Lets vote someone else in since the labour council are completely out of touch and apparently don't give a fig about what the citizens of Sheffield think.

Nice echo chamber you lot have got here. Don't presume you speak for anyone but yourselves please.

It's a discussion forum, feel free to discuss.

Are you for some reason in favour of SCC and the way they ignore the people of Sheffield, demonstrate incompetence at every turn and hold back the city?

I don't think so by the sounds of that report. It seems that they ARE abiding by the court ruling, but this thuggish activity is occurring in non-restricted places.

The whole debacle HAS to stop really. It's making Sheffield a national disgrace.

That's the fault of the court ruling. The injunction should have been that they do nothing to interrupt work.

No, it is the idiot tree protesters who are out of control. If they do not want to be 'wrestled to the ground' they know the answer: stay at home , mind their own business and let Amey get on with the job they are being paid to do.

There are many residents of this city who want these trees to be felled.