Recommendations for 2nd hand guitar

Well, I finally decided on Rich Tone - Yamaha Pacifica.

Has good reviews, good price and matches my living room rug.....

Rich Tone were very helpful.

Thanks everyone :)

Good guitar, I have four Yamaha guitar's and the quality of all of them is very good.

My son has the Pacifica.

Disagree on the advice on the acoustic. Stick with the electric, easier to learn on. Be careful with the Squiers of which I am a big fan. Avoid the Affinity models and go for the Standard model if you can, even if you go second hand. Try Richtone, good selection, advise and facility to try. What is his budget.

For what reason should anyone avoid Squire Affinity models ?

I've owned loads of Squire Affinity guitars and they have all been great with good play ability, and a decent sound.

I have a Fender Strat ( hardly been played ) and use to play my Squire Affinity more than the Fender.

Hi John, the reason I say avoid the Affinity is because they are very hit and miss and a novice may not know the difference. I have owned two and they were dreadful. My mate has one and it is stunning. If you have a good one that's great but they are not consistent.

I went to buy an Affinity Telecaster from Richtone a couple years ago and it was rubbish.

The older Affinity's are ok it is the latest one's the are hit and miss.

I have a Squier Classic Vibe, (Neil Young version) and it is a stunning guitar.

I think the Pacifica 112v is a lot better guitar guitar than the Affinity even allowing for the difference in price.

hi duckegg.

I've just started to learn guitar using a Gibson acoustic.

its a budget model around £70 new . as most beginners will tell you its hard on the fingertips and I'm now considering looking for an electric. maybe look for a good 2nd hand one before you decide which is best for your son.

hi duckegg.

I've just started to learn guitar using a Gibson acoustic.

its a budget model around £70 new.

No, don't think you have!

You'd be hard pressed to find a second-hand Gibson anywhere on the globe for less than three - or four! - figures!

It might say something akin to 'Gibson' on the headstock, but there's no way it is one!

its a maestro by gibson.

gibson probably sell the licence to use the name.

but who cares , it's ok for a beginner.