Fibre in my area but provider cannot provide

I've just found out I could get fibre in my area on open reach's web site by using the link https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre

When I contacted my provider talktalk, they said no, they couldn't provide, but when going on sky, bt, plusnet site, they said yes they are able to provide. Talktalk are unable to give me a time when they could provide too - bobbar

My broadband speed is 1.4mb at best because I'm so far from the exchange, so you can see why I'm not happy with talktalk anymore, joys of being stuck in a contract :suspect:

Does anyone work for a provider know why they can provide in fibre areas but talktalk cannot?

Thank you

Edited by punkin

TalkTalk use their own equipment in the exchanges, if they don't have Fiber Equipment in your exchange, then you cannot use Fiber....

Lots use a combo of their own / BT's... it all depends what deals they have with OpenReach to use their network....

That make sense, I remember them saying the line becomes theirs and no longer BT's as if to say its cheaper & better for customers - as if.

thanks

That make sense, I remember them saying the line becomes theirs and no longer BT's as if to say its cheaper & better for customers - as if.

thanks

Usually, when an ISP uses their own equipment (called LLU) it is cheaper as they dont have to 'rent' the stuff and line from BT, and if there's any faults the provider deals with it themselves, instead of having to rely on Openreach to do the repairs.

Talk Talk has always had DNS issues though, and I always recommend setting up and using Google DNS when on TalkTalk....

Usually, when an ISP uses their own equipment (called LLU) it is cheaper as they dont have to 'rent' the stuff and line from BT, and if there's any faults the provider deals with it themselves, instead of having to rely on Openreach to do the repairs.

Bull I'm afraid, especially with FTTC circuits.