Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Seriously people..driving on summer tires on this weather?

It is what I like about Sheffield. It thinks it is big yet a little snow puts it right down.

I prefer this sweetness over big functional north American Canadian cities that can handle "real" snowstorms.

So you would rather the Council plough millions into tackling snow for something that happens twice a year (if we are unlucky) ?

I am trying to find out if the main roads are clear following this link to Sheffield’s street cameras doing as it askes but nothing is working, why can we not get access to the street cameras any more, if so why is this link still here should it have been up dated it says, Quote “ To see where a camera is located move your mouse over the selected camera number “ done that nothing happens anyone know of a link that works?

Can I ask why has my post has been moved from where I first posted it, the link I refer to

is not on this posting it is on, Cold Weather Resources, it takes you to the Council page but it

does not work you cannot get any further thats why I ask has anyone a link that does let you

see the street cameras.

Edited by MEC176

dont forget to wash your dogs paws and cream them if you have been on salted roads, check google for details

I was walking around Graves park at 0600 hrs this morning with the dogs.

It was absolutely beautiful, fresh virgin snow and it was very quite and eerie.

The roads were a doddle as no one had been out to turn the snow to mush and navigated the hill on Gleadless Road twice with no problem whatsoever.

So you would rather the Council plough millions into tackling snow for something that happens twice a year (if we are unlucky) ?

I was talking about something of a romantic quality.

You are turning it into a financial issue. You should move to one of these big cities I mentioned and live there 10 years to see the difference.

I am trying to find out if the main roads are clear following this link to Sheffield’s street cameras doing as it askes but nothing is working, why can we not get access to the street cameras any more, if so why is this link still here should it have been up dated it says, Quote “ To see where a camera is located move your mouse over the selected camera number “ done that nothing happens anyone know of a link that works?

Can I ask why has my post has been moved from where I first posted it, the link I refer to

is not on this post.

The link to the street cameras has been out of action for quite a while. The cameras are still working, "Streets Ahead" sometimes post stills from them on Twitter, it's just that the general public can't view them at the moment. There is another thread about that somewhere.

They weren't joking calling this a mini beast from east.

The link to the street cameras has been out of action for quite a while. The cameras are still working, "Streets Ahead" sometimes post stills from them on Twitter, it's just that the general public can't view them at the moment. There is another thread about that somewhere.

Thanks for that I have contacted Streets Ahead and Sheffield Council about this usless link it needs removing as it's miss guiding the public, the Cold Weather Resources thread needs up dateing too.

Edited by MEC176

Hats off to the gritters/road plowers, an hour ago all the roads around Wincobank were under 3-4 inches of snow and now they're clear and cars racing up the hill once more.

Oh well the peace and tranquillity was nice while it lasted... ;)

Also looks like gritters have done a good job on main roads around Dronfield. Well passable , with care of course . Mini beast was not that mini was it .