Winter weather thread 2017/2018

I work at a nursing home in Burnegreave. whilst walking up the road to work I noticed that the road wasn't gritted/cleared but the one nearest to it was. I know its a side street. when I arrived at work I saw an ambulance struggling to drive up the road. Myself and 4 of my colleagues pushed the ambulance to the top of the road and then we gritted the entire street so other ambulances could gain access.

The SCC know that there is a nursing home on this road so why wasn't it gritted/cleared. This is putting people at risk. what really upset us was the fact that the locals were stood in their windows watching us grit this road in freezing conditions.

Is it compulsory to go out and grit your own road?

No. It's called common decency

So it isnt compulsory then, thanks.

Would you help an ambulance get up the road?

Would you help an ambulance get up the road?

Surely that depends if I am physically able to, something I am certainly not sharing with you lot. The post at the top of this page is assuming a hell of a lot.

Strange !! :huh:

Does anybody know if the city centre job centres are open? It's taken me half an hour to dig my way out of the house, all their phone numbers say "due to difficulties we can't answer" and there's nothing on any websites.

Don't know if they are or not, but all the main-roads are absolutely fine (and very quiet) at the moment. Buses and trams seem to be running pretty normal along main roads.

Surely that depends if I am physically able to, something I am certainly not sharing with you lot. The post at the top of this page is assuming a hell of a lot.

No it isn't.

The bickering can cease.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgharston

Don't know if they are or not, but all the main-roads are absolutely fine (and very quiet) at the moment. Buses and trams seem to be running pretty normal along main roads.

Walkley bus route 95 still suspended, so not entirely true! I'm sure there are other buses not running too.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I work at a nursing home in Burnegreave. whilst walking up the road to work I noticed that the road wasn't gritted/cleared but the one nearest to it was. I know its a side street. when I arrived at work I saw an ambulance struggling to drive up the road. Myself and 4 of my colleagues pushed the ambulance to the top of the road and then we gritted the entire street so other ambulances could gain access.

The SCC know that there is a nursing home on this road so why wasn't it gritted/cleared. This is putting people at risk. what really upset us was the fact that the locals were stood in their windows watching us grit this road in freezing conditions.

Well done for doing this. I'm not in the peak of physical fitness but I always enjoy helping where I can. Its a good opportunity to be neighbourly.