Winter weather thread 2017/2018

According to bbc snow showers should be all but gone by 10 to leave a dry afternoon lets see if they are right,they said heavy snow showers all day last night.

It's still snowing in Hillsborough. ❄️ ❄️ Fingers crossed it stops soon.

Just walked out to shops in Dronfield side roads are very deep in snow but main roads seem passable with care of course . Bypass is open can see that in use. Snow still falling here but not as heavy at moment .Had to pop in Yorkshire Building society it is fully staffed , they must have made a great effort don't think they are all local .No buses at all but that is obvious that they would be off . All in all NE Derbyshire workers have done a good job around here . Local town council not even made it in , what a crew .

Does anybody know if the city centre job centres are open? It's taken me half an hour to dig my way out of the house, all their phone numbers say "due to difficulties we can't answer" and there's nothing on any websites.

Guest makapaka
Gritted the main routes and secondary roads as per normal, not made an exception for themselves.

Have they not done that? Is the road where the ambulance got stuck a priority 2 route?

Have they not done that? Is the road where the ambulance got stuck a priority 2 route?

Yes that is what people appear to be claiming - that routes they are supposed to deal with, were not dealt with. I don't believe the ambulance in on one such route though.

Does anyone know what the cemetary / Sharrow Vale Road area is like snow and weather wise?

Guest makapaka
Yes that is what people appear to be claiming - that routes they are supposed to deal with, were not dealt with. I don't believe the ambulance in on one such route though.

I haven’t heard that.

The tweet posted suggested that amey were clearing their work areas at the expense of other areas which had led to an ambulance being stuck.

But that’s not true after all.

They cleared the routes they are scheduled to and also their own work areas.

An ambulance got stuck on a route that was never down to be gritted.

Usual non story.

I haven’t heard that.

The tweet posted suggested that amey were clearing their work areas at the expense of other areas which had led to an ambulance being stuck.

But that’s not true after all.

Someone posted on this thread on p16 that a main road route, that is usually gritted, was not gritted.

Guest makapaka
Someone posted on this thread on p16 that a main road route, that is usually gritted, was not gritted.

No - someone posted they had not seen a gritter on their journey.

I work at a nursing home in Burnegreave. whilst walking up the road to work I noticed that the road wasn't gritted/cleared but the one nearest to it was. I know its a side street. when I arrived at work I saw an ambulance struggling to drive up the road. Myself and 4 of my colleagues pushed the ambulance to the top of the road and then we gritted the entire street so other ambulances could gain access.

The SCC know that there is a nursing home on this road so why wasn't it gritted/cleared. This is putting people at risk. what really upset us was the fact that the locals were stood in their windows watching us grit this road in freezing conditions.