Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Thank you. I know someone who is going to Manchester airport from Sheffield today so just going to check that they are ok . They may have gone another way. :thumbsup:

Ecclesfield last night was really bad with the Snow,and with so many Hills there,Cars got stuck on the High roads,and the roads got more piled up with cars unable to get up the high roads,even the number 1A Bus was unable to get up the roads,so turned to the road where the Aldi shop was,the bus driver then tried to get up the road to Ecclesfield Church with loads of cars unable to get up the road,then got stuck on the road to the Ecclesfield shops,Why?hadn"t the council Gritted Ecclesfield seem very odd indeed,with so many high roads

Ecclesfield last night was really bad with the Snow,and with so many Hills there,Cars got stuck on the High roads,and the roads got more piled up with cars unable to get up the high roads,even the number 1A Bus was unable to get up the roads,so turned to the road where the Aldi shop was,the bus driver then tried to get up the road to Ecclesfield Church with loads of cars unable to get up the road,then got stuck on the road to the Ecclesfield shops,Why?hadn"t the council Gritted Ecclesfield seem very odd indeed,with so many high roads

the roads around ecclesfield had been gritted. unfortunately grit isnt a wonder material that stops snow from settling. it's main purpose is to stop ice from forming.

It's the end of the world

Was it? I read nothing in the newspapers about it, either yesterday or today.

AND it's relatively mild now.

Lot of black ice around this morning. My bus just had fun on a patch...

Lot of black ice around this morning. My bus just had fun on a patch...

It's like an ice rink on the new paths. In fact this is the worst I have seen it. Sheet black ice all over stannington.

It's like an ice rink on the new paths. In fact this is the worst I have seen it. Sheet black ice all over stannington.

Treacherous here in Walkley, our street is like the Cresta Run.

OH has left the car where it's parked and come back for boots and walking crampons. Hand brakes not holding cars on the hills

Treacherous here in Walkley, our street is like the Cresta Run.

Yep, so was my road. First thing I saw when I emerged this morning was someone slipping on the road then another neighbour sliding his car into a wall.

I went back for my grippers and they were surprisingly effective.