Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Why doe"s the temperature never drop, always plummets.

Why doe"s the temperature never rise, always soars?

Newsspeak. Just like people or companies are never criticised, but "slammed"

Newsspeak. Just like people or companies are never criticised, but "slammed"

Yes yes and thrice yes. And vows. What manager says "yeah, we are looking to bring in a couple new players".

Headline Manager vows to buy more players.

No he hasn't. Short of marriage nobody vows anything yet it's always used in the papers!

Speaking of winter weather, anyone know a good breaker's yard locally to source cheap steel rims or grubby alloys to fit a W203 C class Merc?

They look to be few and far between online atm, and I don't fancy eBay prices (£50+ a corner, 2nd hand steel rim, bare :o !)

Got to fit winter tyres before emigrating (winter tyres are mandatory in Lux at this time of year, even if only visiting) and I fancy a second set of wheels rather than swapping the summers on the alloys.

Re. snow between Xmas and New Year's eve, we took my dad's car (C5 on near-new winters, LHD) as my parents were visiting, and I did the driving: it's been decades since I drove on winter tyres, and boy was that grip awe-inspiring! We were the only car in the M1 overtaking lane on fresh/slushy snow :D

Speaking of winter weather, anyone know a good breaker's yard locally to source cheap steel rims or grubby alloys to fit a W203 C class Merc?

They look to be few and far between online atm, and I don't fancy eBay prices (£50+ a corner, 2nd hand steel rim, bare :o !)

Got to fit winter tyres before emigrating (winter tyres are mandatory in Lux at this time of year, even if only visiting) and I fancy a second set of wheels rather than swapping the summers on the alloys.

Re. snow between Xmas and New Year's eve, we took my dad's car (C5 on near-new winters, LHD) as my parents were visiting, and I did the driving: it's been decades since I drove on winter tyres, and boy was that grip awe-inspiring! We were the only car in the M1 overtaking lane on fresh/slushy snow :D

There's a Merc breakers at Stanfree, Might be worth trying them

Also have you cosidered Damas at Clowne?

Also have you cosidered Damas at Clowne?
Seems to be one and the same people, according to my Googling ;)

Sent them an enquiry, thanks to you both :)

Snows finally arrived in my part of S35. Been on and off all day.

Forecast really bad overnight and few are talking about it,usually the time when it actually comes ;)

Wahhay,i might not be able to get to work in the morning.:banana:Glad i live out in the sticks now.There is a blizzard blowing outside.