Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Surprise Surprise, its snowing in January.

Pretty sure I’ve just seen Lightning in Rotherham.

Pretty sure I’ve just seen Lightning in Rotherham.

Any other Gladiators with her?

Walkley Lane is bad again between Hillsborough and Walkley. Cars creeping along at 2mph and sliding all over the place. At least three abandoned vehicles already.

Every single year without fail...why don't people learn?

Can someone give me an update of what it's like in Stocksbridge in a few hours please, supposed to be working over there tomorrow but suspect if this carries on it might be difficult to get to!

Can someone give me an update of what it's like in Stocksbridge in a few hours please, supposed to be working over there tomorrow but suspect if this carries on it might be difficult to get to!

Tip: Stay at home.

A good rule of thumb is to check if the buses are still running, or if they're staying on the main road.

It wasn't very good at 2pm and has gone downhill since then.

Walkley Lane is bad again between Hillsborough and Walkley. Cars creeping along at 2mph and sliding all over the place. At least three abandoned vehicles already.

Every single year without fail...why don't people learn?

I found tonight quite different to usual. It was rain/sleet wet (and ok to drive), but yet, just driving a few minutes into higher altitude, it was treacherous.

I think problem with this section is that it's so steep that in section, and with the bends, water flows removes all the grit in the bits where you actually need it (i.e and suprisingly, not the bits with adverse camber). That's my experience of it. I've done so many years driving on these sections that I can pinpoint all the bad sections, so I go slower through these, regardless of whether it looks ok or not.

Edited by *_ash_*
added 2 words which had I not added, changed the complete meaning!