Winter weather thread 2017/2018

How many snowflakes doe"s that require?

One? or maybe two.

Part of the problem is its been so long since we had a bad winter people have forgotten or never learned the basics of driving in snow and seem to think their cars can go anywhere,up any hill regardless of conditions.

Part of the problem is its been so long since we had a bad winter people have forgotten or never learned the basics of driving in snow and seem to think their cars can go anywhere,up any hill regardless of conditions.

True story.... many years ago I got stuck going up bellhouse rd, so I stuck the wife in the boot of the car, and it sailed up:hihi:

True story.... many years ago I got stuck going up bellhouse rd, so I stuck the wife in the boot of the car, and it sailed up:hihi:

Take it car was rwd. I know of people who used to put paving slabs etc in boot in winter to put weight on rear wheels

Friday was bad for ice and slush. I was worried that I was going to slip.

The media has gone mad. yellow warnings, amber warnings. a dusting of snow this morning and Armageddon is here. its gone now, whats all the fuss about. amber warning tomorrow shower of rain expected. yellow warning for sunday its going to be windy. its winter weather, I despair.

How long before they start giving heavy snow and blizzards names?

How long before they start giving heavy snow and blizzards names?

Few weeks ago heavy rain forecasted Sheffield Manchester area but a628 woodhead pass was closed due to a heavy snow blizzard on way to airport, that wasn't rain. Forecasters see things upside down.

.... Trouble is he forgot she was in there ........ until the next day !!!! :hihi:

It's cold today. As to quote the wise man himself, Barry Gibb :cool:' It should be a crime to be out in the cold' :hihi:

It's cold today. As to quote the wise man himself, Barry Gibb :cool:' It should be a crime to be out in the cold' :hihi:

You need to change your butcher ,went shopping earlier at asda and I was not the only person wearing shorts