Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Plenty of snow up here near Penistone and there has been a covering since 3.00 this afternoon.At least we are used to it up here.With any luck I wont be able to get to work in Sheffield on monday.:clap:

The snow decided to give paying a visit to Sheffield a miss. Went to Birmingham instead :D

Looking at the weather report now I guess I might as well cancel my plans to spend Monday wrapped in a duvet on the sofa, watching films and boxsets...

If anyone wants a true picture of what is happening with regards to rain/snow, can I suggest the excellent 'Home and Dry' app for Apple phones/iPads?

Don't know if there is one for Android devices, but I would be surprised if there wasn't.

Usual disclaimer - nothing to do with me, I'm just a happy user.

What would happen if we really got some snow?

dipper - in Sheffield, the world would come to an end - anywhere else, they'd just carry on as usual.:D

useful site, that. thanks. Contemplating driving to Lichfield with 92 year old mother in law.....

Only light snow here in dronfield , don't know what main roads are like but will be finding out soon , grandson wants a lift to work at Blackamoor:help:

What no snow ,, got me boots out gloves snow shovel etc last night opened my curtains this morning and surprise no snow !!! hmmmm looks like going to horror hall now shopping instead :mad:

nothing of any significance around Dronfield just took grandson to work no trouble at all . Suppose weather men have to generalise a bit but weather system not come as far north as expected so can put away emergency rations and candles pack up emergency generator.