Ashes 2017/18..

Pleased for Cook! He owed the team some runs and he has delivered. A much better day for us.

I'm always pleased when cook gets a ton. It's always ground out. We're still behind - lets not forget that - but an excellent day.

1 good innings in 10 isn't good enough,he needs to follow it on but looking ok at the moment,will we get the usual collapse tomorrow.

I'm always pleased when cook gets a ton. It's always ground out. We're still behind - lets not forget that - but an excellent day.

Yeah and me as well,hes been practcing hard since the last test according to reports and it showed in his foot movement,he only got caught on the crease once,and steve smith couldnt gobble it up :hihi:

Vince was unlucky,faintest of niks,but hes not felt it.

Press on tonight hopefully and give our lads a target we can actually bowl at!

Yeah and me as well,hes been practcing hard since the last test according to reports and it showed in his foot movement,he only got caught on the crease once,and steve smith couldnt gobble it up :hihi:

Vince was unlucky,faintest of niks,but hes not felt it.

Press on tonight hopefully and give our lads a target we can actually bowl at!

We've got a chance, a lot rests on cook bairstow and Malan (root to go first over of the day - sorry he just doesn't transition from one day to another).

Yes agree with comments here , got in a good position to move on tomorrow but on past records not feeling confident that we will push on but lets hope we can . Who would have thought the aussies would have folded like they did . Root has got a problem with batting again on another day but he is our best hope to get us a good score I think . Come on England :nod:

Fabulous effort by Cook today,breaking records allover the place,assisted by a fine effort from Broad as well who likewise has two fingered a few critics.

Malan,simular to vince yesterday got an edge but didnt review?? & Lyon dimissed MA for the 7th time in the series.......again I watched most of the morning session,Root inexplicably threw the bat at a short ball from Cummins and tossed away his wicket.

Need to bowl like we did on day one and rescue some pride.

A big well done to Cook. It's been a funny game, with three played ons in the aussie innings and two people walking in ours when a review would have saved them. Thank God we're playing better though.

There's something incredibly satisfying about a cook hundred, more so when it's a double. Day 4 should be interesting.

The Barmy Army have also stepped up to the plate. Poor old Jackson Bird was getting it:

You’re not even the

Best Bird on the ground

That seagull over there

He’s better than you.

Cook was excellent, but a special word for Broad who withstood a tremendous pounding from Cummins. Very brave stuff from a man who has had an horrendous injury from a short ball in the past.

Well haven't we done well . Get smith and warner out early and a win could be possible but they both look dangerous. Come on tinfoil what's your prediction you have been pretty good so far

I reckon a draw - just. There's still not much in the pitch. If we bowl well and their two best bats bat sensibly it will be draws all round and early handshakes. If we bowl badly in that first session and they overcome the deficits quickly, we could have to bat through a final session.

Weather could have a big say, but 5-0 should be off the cards now.