Ashes 2017/18..

Vaughan has said all along that the last few wickets will get blasted for nothing,while the Aussies will hang around and make decent runs in partnerships with one of the earlier batsmen.My prediction,they get 500 +,and we struggle to make them bat again.

Not so much the last few, the last 6 went for 35. I hoping the last aussie wickets go fora similar amount but the ball is going down gun barrel straight on a true pitch. We absolutely need to keep it tightuntil the new ball then we must bowl them out with it. It could be an interesting day tomorrow.

Dissapointed not to notch 500 after the platform wed got,we crumbled under the hostility,weve got to bat smarter.

We lack accuracy in the bowling dept,I watched Woakes for a few overs this morning,way too short at Smith

Australia 549 for 4 at the close. Smith 229 no, M Marsh 181 no, and now have a lead of 146. These two have put on 301 for the fifth wicket.

Edited by pss60

Australia 549 for 4 at the close. Smith 229 no, M Marsh 181 no, and now have a lead of 146. These two have put on 301 for the fifth wicket.

Shades of 2006 here. Steve Smith scoring a double hundred isn't what concerns me - he's in the form of his life and he's number 1 in the world on a nicely paced pitch. Mitch marsh rattling 181 off is a bigger concern. I don't think Australia will need to bat again.

Yes looks like we are going to bat a long 2nd innings hope we are up to it , can feel another innings defeat looming . The pressure is on our openers to give us a good start .:help:

Shades of 2006 here. Steve Smith scoring a double hundred isn't what concerns me - he's in the form of his life and he's number 1 in the world on a nicely paced pitch. Mitch marsh rattling 181 off is a bigger concern. I don't think Australia will need to bat again.

Yes. Before today Mitchell Marsh's test batting average was 27.

The WACA is a good batting strip now. The only way to get people out is to blast them out and it's hard work. On the evidence we don't have the quick bowlers to do it.

It's a good job we aren't facing a young Jeff Thomson, that's all.

Yes. Before today Mitchell Marsh's test batting average was 27.

The WACA is a good batting strip now. The only way to get people out is to blast them out and it's hard work. On the evidence we don't have the quick bowlers to do it.

It's a good job we aren't facing a young Jeff Thomson, that's all.

It's good for the quick bowlers and leg spinners too. Glad Warne isn't playing!

Smiths a batting machine,wacca looks flatter than edgebaston,used to be lightening quick due to the clay content under the pitch.

Were 5ks slower than there fastest bowler,starc,Woakes being our fastest bowler,but they use the extra speed far better than us,Ali makes lyon look like warne,hes a batsman first,bowler 2nd,we lack a class spinner

Not all lost yet could rain for a bit longer , say day and a bit just leave us with an hour to bat or is that a bit too long for us to bat. Very poor, cook out , give balance another try his average was same as cook. What a time for Root to hit a bad patch but being captain over this lot has got to take its toll.

Done by lunch I reckon - and that's really based on the past couple of years rather than the past couple of tests. Unless we are really in the ascendancy or starting the day from scratch we don't transition from one day to the next very well at all. When we're up against it, it's even worse.

Hope you are wrong but fear you are correct. If we lose one of these two what's in now, in the past few innings rest of order gone within the hour or so.