Sheffield Star Building is sold

I have just heard that the iconic Sheffield star newspaper building is sold to a private company to build another student apartment? Any comments on that?:loopy:

I have just heard that the iconic Sheffield star newspaper building is sold to a private company to build another student apartment? Any comments on that?:loopy:

This really is an iconic building. Haven’t they got enough student flats .? :loopy:

This news is around two months old. The Star are moving near Townhead St.

Does The Star need a building at all; and, if it does, what on earth does it do there?

Does The Star need a building at all; and, if it does, what on earth does it do there?

They must need desks for the laptops to sit on whilst they peruse here for news stories.

Well Mr Shaw,, how long have you lived in Sheffield and not have known that The Star building was used for the production of,, The Star newspaper.

Are they going to be student apartments? None of the articles I have read have suggested it is going to a be a student block, only that it is being converted into apartments..

Well Mr Shaw,, how long have you lived in Sheffield and not have known that The Star building was used for the production of,, The Star newspaper.

I think you may find Mr Shaw is being sarcastic have you read The Star recently?? Anyway I thought Santander bank occupied that building

More flats! Awwwww, I thought they'ed use it to make an extension on the Cosmetic Enhancement place, lol

Are they going to be student apartments? None of the articles I have read have suggested it is going to a be a student block, only that it is being converted into apartments..

The website of the company involved suggests student accommodation:

"Mabec have recently acquire [sic] the building with a view to converting it into a vibrant location for students to live and work"

http://mabecproperty.co.uk/?portfolio=sheffield-start-newspaper-building

This is not the building which is being considered for student flats. It is the old printing works on York Street and Hartshead which are under discussion, as shown on the map in the City Council planning Portal