Old Sheffield tools

I've just come across your reference to Ayrewood of Sheffield. I also have an Ayrewood chisel. a 1/2" firmer and it seems pretty good to me. I have been trying to find out about them but got nowhere so far. 

I have also seen advertised on the likes of Ebay tools by Eyrewood of Sheffield. Does anyone know if this is the same firm or just a very, very similarly named firm in the same town?

The Ken Hawley collection ,now at Kelam island Sheffield will have some sort of a data base by now ,try them.

Eyre Wood & Co are mentioned in this article on Graces Guide, as having premises at Sheaf Works but there is no useful link on Grace's to the company itself :

https://gracesguide.co.uk/Sheaf_Works

A quick google brings up these results:

Google Eyre Wood Sheaf Works Sheffield

Which suggests the company at Sheaf works was known as Eyre Ward, so not sure if it's the same company.

Edited by Michael_W

Many thanks to 'choogling' and 'Michael W' for your replies. The information is very welcome and I'll follow up on the ideas you have suggested.

As you can probably tell I'm new to this stuff and I'm very grateful for the help.