Food products..Made in Sheffield/Yorkshire.

Surprised nobody mebtioned Thornton's. Plenty of selection there to fill an hamper.They were founded in Sheffield so they qualify.

Derbyshire I think! Don't quote me on that tho

They had factory in Sheffield, just off Abbeydale Road, I think.

Then they moved to Derbyshire.

Lea & Perrins, although its a trades secret it is actually made by Hendersons, yes the very same that make that watered down slop that sheffo quainties bleat on about.

First ever Thornton's was at 159 Norfolk St.Sheffield, circa 1911 The son of the founder was it's first manager at 15 years old ( Wikipedia)

]Lea & Perrins' date=' although its a trades secret [b']it is actually made by Hendersons,[/b] yes the very same that make that watered down slop that sheffo quainties bleat on about.

You couldn't make it up:suspect:

Or could you?

I thought that Hendo was made by L and P, shipped to sheffield and then diluted with Don water to give it that distinctive taste.

Edited by davyboy

You couldn't make it up:suspect:

Or could you?

I thought that Hendo was made by L and P, shipped to sheffield and then diluted with Don water to give it that distinctive taste.

It was never the same since they stopped letting it ferment down the inside of the Tinsley idiot cooling towers.

WATERALLS in Moor Market Cooked meats and pies

A bit random:

‘American Chip Spice’

Yes it is made in Yorkshire

If the scope of the thread includes all of Yorkshire then there are several possibilities like Doncaster Butterscotch, Pontefract cakes (liquorice)Bridlington or Scarborough rock etc etc. Going back to Sheffield, no one has mentioned Batchelors, who have far more food products than just peas.