Sy police drug crime

Do you reckon these people will just give up and get "a proper job" if cannabis is legalised?

Some of them will become legitimate small businesses growing cannabis, some might move onto other things.

Not a lot they can do unless they see it

I have seen officers in marked vehicles blatantly ignore crimes. Coincidentally they were on their way back to the station.....

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 15:14 ----------

Some of them will become legitimate small businesses growing cannabis, some might move onto other things.

Given that proper growers STEAL the resources they need for proper cultivation of the crops I highly doubt it.

There will still be a large black market for the product as the costs will be higher for the legitimate product even before you look into realms of adding taxation.

Given that proper growers STEAL the resources they need for proper cultivation of the crops I highly doubt it.

Lol, who told you this?

Lol, who told you this?

Oh right so you're suggesting the numerous documentaries on the subject which shows bypassed electric meters etc are false?

I have seen officers in marked vehicles blatantly ignore crimes. Coincidentally they were on their way back to the station.....

How do you know they saw it, and how do you know where they were going?

How do you know they saw it, and how do you know where they were going?

I used to live on the next street as the main station in my town so it wasn't uncommon for me to be following a police vehicle on my way home.

As for not seeing it. They're trained in observation. If I can see it, so can they, being only a few feet from me but we wouldn't want them being late for their kebab and coffee now would we....

As for not seeing it. They're trained in observation.

Really? Are you sure about that? How do you train someone to see things?

In which case they would have to rent business premises, pay rates, wages, taxes AND the electricity bill. Running this type of business from home legitimately could again attract business rates, not forgetting planning permission in a residential area . A tall order.

Really? Are you sure about that? How do you train someone to see things?

Are you purposely being obtuse?

Have you forgotten to use the phrase "for personal use"?

... or are you sanctioning all growth, sale and use of cannabis?

if it's OK for British Sugar to grow literally tons of the stuff near Peterborough, then I think the growth, sale and use of cannabis is pretty much sanctioned already - no need for Halibut to do it.

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 23:51 ----------

Oh right so you're suggesting the numerous documentaries on the subject which shows bypassed electric meters etc are false?

Nicking electricity is one of the ways the stupid growers get caught, thereby ending up on the naff "documentaries" entitled "perp-busters" or "flying cops" that plaster the EPG death zone.

Perhaps, f it was legalised the drug gangs would likely be out of the market.But right now often houses growing cannabis are actually run by violent drug gangs. Whilst that is the case the police ought to do something about it.

Let's not forget that some people grow their own, precisely because they don't want to buy the stuff from organised criminals.

Are you purposely being obtuse?

No, I’m unsure how you train someone to be observant, and wondering if you are actually sure they get trained in this.